• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Great Photo of 2023 MotoGP Riders in Germany

exgman

I saw the attached photo in an online group and thought that others might like to see it. It shows a dramatic shot of a MotoGP race in Germany earlier this year. Riders are Brad Binder and Luca Marini:

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 6.39.56 PM.png

Last edited:
Just looking at the picture I can tell they are two riders who just can’t fully commit to a corner….. ;)

I think spell check caught you, or your mind was on having a libation. It is Marini.

Thank you for catching my error Kevin. Knowing nothing of any consequence about Moto GP, I had no knowledge of the active & accomplished racers. I tried to see if Binder and Martini(SP) were BMW people, but seemed to find that Binder was/is a KTM rider and Marini was/is with MV Augusta. Of course, that was a few months ago. Things change.

I any case, Mel Culpa Kevin. :thumb

Being a MotoGP fan is an addiction and I am afflicted to a profound degree. It would be odd had you known his name.

Being a MotoGP fan is an addiction and I am afflicted to a profound degree. It would be odd had you known his name.

Valentino Rossi's half brother who rode a Ducati on his team this year but has had a brain cramp and is moving to Honda for 2024 where he will suffer an inordinate number of crashes and aborted moon launches. :D

Not that I follow MotoGP......:laugh

all arms and elbows....

If anyone finds me in that position, please help me pick up the bike :)

The fact that we've progressed from dragging knees to elbows to SHOULDERS inthe last 20years is pure insanity. Had the pleasure of attending the USGP at COTA/Austin last year and it was so good, even if it's a somewhat boring track...

Let's just accept that these guys are literally aliens... far more evolved than we [you should check out their ahem, life partners as well, forgive me!].

Shame that BMW isn't in the mix beyond providing series sponsorship and the amazing safety cars.

At least they are in WSBK?

Can't wait for '24, I think Martinator nips Pecco [unless Marc Marquez is REALLY back!]

IMG_1244.jpg

They aren't riding on street tires like we are. It's my understanding the tire compounds are also different [ slicks and stickier meat ] for this type of activity.

Amazing motor riding skills, coupled with hundreds of hours in the crouch and specialized equipment. Far beyond most of our limits as riders running street meat.

They aren't riding on street tires like we are. It's my understanding the tire compounds are also different [ slicks and stickier meat ] for this type of activity.

One might be surprised at the similarities between MotoGP tires and current sportbike tires.

One might be surprised at the similarities between MotoGP tires and current sportbike tires.

Both my mechanics run motogp courses on a track where they hold track days. Neither uses street tires [ they use slicks ]. Granted many participants run their track days with stock bikes and street tires, but for actually racing [ looking for shorter times on a lap ] the mechanics are running slicks.

Certainly street tires can be use on the track, yet what type of tyres are used in MotoGP? Racing tyres. Michelin produces two types of MotoGP tyres. Slick tyres, which are used in dry conditions, and rain tires, which are used exclusively when there is water on the track.

Back