• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel starvation at WOT on 2009 R1200RT

gregkono

LD Kono
Have noticed over the last 1-2k miles my RT(bike has 38k miles) has obvious fuel cut out under hard acceleration and wide open throttle. Runs fine otherwise, just annoying under passing conditions. Understand there is no "real" fuel filter, just a screen. Plan to replace it unless other ideas surface. Thanks, GK.

Have noticed over the last 1-2k miles my RT(bike has 38k miles) has obvious fuel cut out under hard acceleration and wide open throttle. Runs fine otherwise, just annoying under passing conditions. Understand there is no "real" fuel filter, just a screen. Plan to replace it unless other ideas surface. Thanks, GK.

were it me, i would pull the fuel pump and inspect the "strainer" (16148551342)....maybe check the fuel pump controller connections at the same time...at least rule out the strainer issue...

Under hard acceleration, you could be triggering the rev limiter.
If you reach the red zone. the engine will cut off. It feel like there is no more gas getting to the engine.

Just a thought...

These bikes have a soft rev limiter unlike the older 1150. It starts to kick in at 7500. I never reach the redline it quits puling at least 500 RPM short. I don't like it

Rod

2008-BMW-R1200RT-Moto-Guzzi-Norge-1200-Comparison-Stermer-051.jpg

2008 R1200RT, From Rider magazine

By 7500 rpm, the torque is dropping and HP has already peaked, so there is really no point in spinning faster. I can get to redline if I exercise throttle control and ease up as it approaches the limit, at least in the lower gears. It will stumble quickly if you just whack the throttle right to the stop.

Back