• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Navigator V help

vivapuccini

I got lucky enough to score a BMW Navigator V used.
I want to wire it into a 2002 R1150RT.
The bike wasn't setup for this GPS so I need to go into the wiring harness and
get power to it.
The units harness has 2 cables with plugs on the ends that I need to remove and
I need to know what wires I need to connect to power from the bike.

Anyone have information on this?
Also I doubt the Lithium battery is any good. Will that interfere with operation?
Where can I get a replacement at a reasonable cost?

Gerry

You can get a replacement battery direct from Garmin for $25.50 - I just got one for a Nav VI in the mail yesterday so that is the current price (plus tax, of course). The battery is the same in the Nav V and VI.

A couple years ago I called Garmin and they sent a new battery for both of our Nav Vs at no charge.
At that time Garmin showed a list price of $25 for a battery.

Garmin

Thanks for the battery help
I still need some wiring diagram for the Nav V to find out how to power it up from the bike

Nav V battery

You can get a replacement battery direct from Garmin for $25.50 - I just got one for a Nav VI in the mail yesterday so that is the current price (plus tax, of course). The battery is the same in the Nav V and VI.

I went to the Garmin site and it's very confusing and had no battery available for the NAV V

Can you give me any info on part number or actual site where I can order one?
Gerry

Last edited:
I went to the Garmin site and it's very confusing and had no battery available for the NAV V

Can you give me any info on part number or actual site where I can order one?
Gerry

Call Garmin in Kansas. 1 913 397 8200
The number on the back of my Nav V battery is 361-00063-00

The units harness has 2 cables with plugs on the ends that I need to remove and
I need to know what wires I need to connect to power from the bike.

I'm guessing you're talking about wires on the cradle?
Maybe you can post a picture of which cradle you have.
Is it the locking cradle that comes on a lot of BMW bikes.
gps prep.jpg

Back