• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Air intake tube 78 r100/7

I have to agree with Kurt, I looked on-line for R100/7 photos and found a bunch both ways. However, I like this one of The Saint's RS. Brings back some nice memories of the 70's when classic bikes and cars were in TV shows. By the way, it looks like he has both clamps at the top too. :)

Attachments

• The Saint's RS.jpg
    The Saint's RS.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 70
Obviously it makes no difference which way it goes but I think it makes more sense for the o ring to seal against the plastic tube than the rubber coupler:dunno

I was tinkering in the shop over the weekend and this post came to mind.

The brochure that Kurt posted was the second run of brochures for the 1978 model line-up: first run was part number 711 200 525, dated 11/77 and the second run was part number 811 20 05 25 (as printed), dated 1/78.

I have both brochures and the first run shows both the R80/7 and R100/7 better in regard to the clamping for the air tubes/ carbs.

The R80/7 & R100/7 have one (1) band clamp at the air box with two (2) band clamps at the carb.

As we've figured out already, the R100S and R100RS both have two (2) band clamps at the air box while there are but one (1) at the carb.

I took a picture of the two brochures overlapped and hope they work for you; upper one is 11/77, lower one is 1/78.

FWIW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 45
Back