• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2023 R1250GS Trophy First Year Service Brake Bleed

Along those lines……..
I was friendly with the owner of a reliable repair shop that could do heavy trucks and cars.
One day I was in there and he was pulling his hair out looking at a 6 wheel home heating oil delivery truck- hydraulic brakes. I asked him what the problem was.
He responded- “someone saw the master cylinder was low and put 30wgt oil in it! I haven’t got time for my regular work never mind bone-heat $hit like this”.
I guess it was sorta the final straw as he closed and sold the building shortly after.
(if you are not aware of what oil does to a hydraulic brake system, it’s something to avoid).
OM
Yup. Reminds me of when I worked as a tech in the 70s and had a young guy bring in his fairly new bike because the rear brake was inoperative…turned out he had greased it to stop the squeak and squeal when he used the brake.:rolleyes:

Best,
DeVern

Back