• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 660 question re: Touratech mount

Dp1guzzi

MOA 27106
I have a Zumo 660 and a locking Touratech mount. The mount works, but the 660 is near death. My question is: are there other Zumo models or other GPS units that I can get that will fit the mount that I have?

Thanks Paul. I was hoping that Garmin would have a refurbished 660 or 665, but no. There’s one on ebay, but I do have a Zumo 550 in the garage, so I think I’ll just use that for now.

Happy ending - I think

It turns out that my Zumo 660 is a 660LM, which stands for “lifetime maps”. That means that I must have paid extra for the LM option when I bought it in 2013. My friend, who is technologically adept, helped me with downloading everything, and now everything works normally. I use this on my non-BMW.

As to the Zumo 550: I always liked the 550 because the numbers (like the speed) are larger and easier to read. I actually have two 550s in my garage. So I’m set for a while.

So you don’t think I’m am a complete dinosaur, I also have an RT with the Nav 6.

It turns out that my Zumo 660 is a 660LM, which stands for “lifetime maps”. My friend, who is technologically adept, helped me with downloading everything, and now everything works normally.

As to the Zumo 550: I always liked the 550 because the numbers (like the speed) are larger and easier to read. I actually have two 550s in my garage. So I’m set for a while.

So you don’t think I’m am a complete dinosaur, I also have an RT with the Nav 6.

I am a dinosaur - if my streetpilor 2610 could get new maps, I would still use it. I have a 550 and 450. They both have LM, so I am able to continue updating their map sets. I too like the 450/550 display, it has vivid colors and is easy to read. I use SD cards in both, so I can load the entire US and Canada into each one.

Glad that you got the 660 issues worked out.

Back