• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wunderlich R 1250 RT Front Crash Bar Installation

hive1969

Seasonal Greetings.

I will get straight tot the point. I have run into a few snags trying to fit the Wunderlich engine crash bars on a fully loaded 2019 R 1250 RT. The biggest problem (I will list these later), besides poor instructions, is the re-fitment of the auxiliary lights once the L.H.S. (left hand side) engine crash bar has been fitted. Now the picture instructions for the R1250 RT clearly show how wunderlich have modified the crash bars from the previous R1200 RT to take into account the factory fitment of auxiliary lights by making available a forward mounting point to relocate the L.H.S. auxiliary light, BUT there is no mention of how the auxiliary cable is supposed to reach the light?? does not make sense, well here are some pics.

IMG_1704 aux light forward fit small.jpg
One solution would be to sit the light on top of the hanger.
IMG_1704 aux light forward fit perched small.jpg

Can I be the first to have run into this problem?

I would have preferred to have run the cable down and along the hanger to the light, but I am a foot too short in cable length. Have I made an error, or as I suspect Wundelich have an 'Ooops' on there hands.

Is there an extension cable that can be purchased? the last thing I want to do is go splicing cables on a new bike.

Can somebody help me?

Kevin

Kevin, I would try my luck with Wunderlich first and see what they say. Good luck, and let us know what's up.

Turn the lights upside down. That puts the lights closer to the center, looks better too.

Thanks for all the advice. I will contact Wundelich and see what they say. My gut is telling me I may have to extend the harness.

Kevin

Back