• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wow I do not know what to think!

I dunno. I was part of a group of people that got banned from the IBMWR list about ten years ago for making cannibal jokes. That group turned into the Genuine Village Idiots. It's a great bunch of guys, most of whom live around here. We were well off topic and it was probably right for us to get banned. So we started our own list and eventually got back on the Beeg Leest.

The DGT guys have everything they need to do the same. I don't think it would be out of line to refer folks from here to there if they want to discuss politics. Just put it up as part of the rulez and call it a day.

I think it would work pretty well, to be truthful. They can run the list the way they see fit. The stuff that was so divisive here gets stuck over there. It's a lot like the way the Rounders got started. They wanted to discuss topics that weren't necessarily part of what the MOA site was about, so they started their own place. The Rounders are mostly still here.

Yeah, the yahoogroups forum software is kind of sucky, but the mail thing works pretty well. Since they only seem to have a dozen or so folks interested, why not just run with it as a mail list for a bit. If it grows, try to get some server space and set up a forum. I think you can get a Yuku forum for just about nothing.

I'm not trying to chase anybody out. I'm just trying to offer up a solution that would work for both parties.

I had wanted to not say anything about this but I simply cannot resist. This will be my last comments on this and another subject.

First, I do not understand why the people who participated in DGT are being grouped as the "DGT guys". Wasn't the DGT forum open to anyone? Should not anyone of any persuasion have been able to post there without prejudice?

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe that this forum was created for the sole purpose of creating a virtual gulag with the full knowledge that certain people would use it. Naturally, the people who were thinking provocatively, their posts and ideas were "disappeared"; sent to the showers in the Cyber-ian camp never to be seen again.

"Look at those idiots. We'll show them."

OK fair enough. The BMWMOA forum is only for talking about BMW motorcycles and motorcycling; not about drug abusing musicians or such.

I've been hanging out at ADV rider. I really enjoy the design of the website. People are a little more loose [cannon] ad not so prim and proper as this.

The thing is, the same people who are prim and proper here and espouse the cyber pillars of virtue, are using the same user name (back when we were 17 year old kids playing with CB's in our Impalas and Cutlass's cruising College Ave in Appleton we called them "handles") over at ADV rider they're spewing bull and dropping F-bombs like crazy. Some are even making sexist remarks. Wanna see an area that's hostile to women? Go lurk at Jo Momma for a while.

So which MOA member/officer is the real one and which just an act.

Are you a poser at ADV rider or on the MOA forum.

Roy, in both places, seems to be the same. No airs or acts. He doesn't have to be obscene to be funny at ADV and doesn't have to put on a saintly act to get my respect here.

KFR out.

I've been hanging out at ADV rider. I really enjoy the design of the website. People are a little more loose [cannon] ad not so prim and proper as this.

The thing is, the same people who are prim and proper here and espouse the cyber pillars of virtue, are using the same user name (back when we were 17 year old kids playing with CB's in our Impalas and Cutlass's cruising College Ave in Appleton we called them "handles") over at ADV rider they're spewing bull and dropping F-bombs like crazy. Some are even making sexist remarks. Wanna see an area that's hostile to women? Go lurk at Jo Momma for a while.

Roy, in both places, seems to be the same. No airs or acts. He doesn't have to be obscene to be funny at ADV and doesn't have to put on a saintly act to get my respect here.

KFR out.

I've posted over at adv a few times, though not too often. I also don't believe I've dropped a bunch of f-bombs or anything. As for others, it's just a bit of self-censorship. There are things I would say if I was out drinking at a bar with a bunch of male friends that I would never say at say, a family gathering, or at work. It's not that I'm acting in any of these instances, there just happens to be a time and place for everything. Same thing with the forum; some of those people know the rules over here and they follow them so as not to cause trouble in our gated community and annoy the neighbors. Of course, they like to leave the gates and head down to the bar across the train tracks every once and a while, too. :D

I had wanted to not say anything about this but I simply cannot resist. This will be my last comments on this and another subject.

First, I do not understand why the people who participated in DGT are being grouped as the "DGT guys". Wasn't the DGT forum open to anyone? Should not anyone of any persuasion have been able to post there without prejudice?

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe that this forum was created for the sole purpose of creating a virtual gulag with the full knowledge that certain people would use it. Naturally, the people who were thinking provocatively, their posts and ideas were "disappeared"; sent to the showers in the Cyber-ian camp never to be seen again.

OK fair enough. The BMWMOA forum is only for talking about BMW motorcycles and motorcycling; not about drug abusing musicians or such.

KFR out.

Some former drug abusing musicians ride BMW's and write about them.. See the ON's interview with Neil Peart.

KFR out.
Thank you Karl. I did drop the Fbomb in my thread about West Nile (I think). I know it's not allowed here (among other things) so I follow the rules. A interesting point is some woman posters here also post over there. It's a strange and wonderful world.

I do not know....

I like this place because you can discuss a variety of topics with other folks who are BMW enthusiasts. I like knowing about this shared enthusiasm of the members of this large group. I like being able to discuss cheese, kids, cats, Sugar Gliders, cars, home stereo systems and stuff like that without being dog housed for being off topic. If I wanted to be in a forum that was exclusively about valve clearances and oil viscosities, there are plenty of those around.

This place affords us a little break from the everyday world anytime we want.

But the whole thing breaks down when you throw religion or politics into an electronic milieu, so the mods and BOD have my support when they deal with that.

Certainly there are going to me mixed bike / political topics that will have to be watched by the mods and the posts and individuals dealt with on a case by case basis.

Rinty

KFR out.

All I can say is different rules for different audiences.

Nobody swears at grandma's house and nobody preaches around a rally campfire.

All I can say is different rules for different audiences.

Nobody swears at grandma's house and nobody preaches around a rally campfire.
Where is my Milk and Cookies?:ear :laugh

Sure people preach around the campfire. Sometimes they are told to shut up , or get pelted with empty beer cans.

Where is my Milk and Cookies?:ear :laugh

Sure people preach around the campfire. Sometimes they are told to shut up , or get pelted with empty beer cans.

I keep hoping to get pelted with full cans. As long as you dodge'em and wait a few minutes for the beer to settle down, it's all good. (Around 38 degrees is good.)

I keep hoping to get pelted with full cans. As long as you dodge'em and wait a few minutes for the beer to settle down, it's all good. (Around 38 degrees is good.)
You have obviously been to enough BMW rallies to know they are always empty. Probably still cold though.

You have obviously been to enough BMW rallies to know they are always empty. Probably still cold though.

One can but hope. Being the good Yankee I am(read cheap till I squeak), I am ceratinly not to proud to accept such charity, I am particularly fond of Sam Adams light if anyone is out there winding up for the pitch.

Uh oh, I may have just turned this into a WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BEER? thread. Talk about a potentially contentious subject.

Tastes great

Less filling

Tastes great

Less filling

Tastes great

Less filling.....

One can but hope. Being the good Yankee I am(read cheap till I squeak), I am ceratinly not to proud to accept such charity, I am particularly fond of Sam Adams light if anyone is out there winding up for the pitch.

Uh oh, I may have just turned this into a WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BEER? thread. Talk about a potentially contentious subject.

Tastes great

Less filling

Tastes great

Less filling

Tastes great

Less filling.....

First off, us Yankee's are not cheep, we are frugal, and B.) I second the vote for Sammy Lite. Great taste and less filling. The best of both worlds. :drink

Can't we all just get along? Forums are for posting opinions. Post them and get along! Ragging on each other is a waste of time when life is short. "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." (a quote from my Mom)

Hey to yer Smiley, Be careful with that poin-ted stick. And, by the way, technically in our family that stick is supposed to be on fire as well. I saw yer article in the "ON" and I liked it, especially embellished with my picture, SWEET!

Help! Help!

Doghouse???
Monty Python and The Holy Grail...
Oh, so now we see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and look at the violence inherent in the system!
Help! Help! Im bein' repressed!!:stick

Doghouse???
Monty Python and The Holy Grail...
Oh, so now we see the violence inherent in the system!
Come and look at the violence inherent in the system!
Help! Help! Im bein' repressed!!:stick

Only in your own mind. :D

funny-pictures-cat-dog-paper-bag-shrubbery-holy-grail.jpg

Back