• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Won't accept capital letters

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
I was trying to post a word to Word Association J.F.K.
and it won't allow capitol letters past the first period.

I deleted the word and I noticed some other person had the same problem with
M.L.K.

SURE IT CAN. YOU CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE, SOMEWHERE IN YOUR POST, AT LEAST ONE LOWER-CASE LETTER. THE CAPS CHANGE SCRIPT IS TRIGGERED WHEN NO LOWER-CASE LETTERS ARE FOUND. INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE, AND THAT SCRIPT IS ESCAPED.

LIKE THIs.

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE ALL CAPS. I THOGUHT OUR GROUP WAS ESPECIALLY ADEPT AT NETtIQUITE, NOW I SEE IT IS ALL JUST A SHAM & THAT THE COMPUTER FIXED IT! NOW IF WE COULD JUST GET SPELLING, GRAMMAR & PUNCTUATION FIXED.

Dang that worked, now to try using the filter, no lower case this time.

IT WORKED!

Last edited:
So, how is this related to the original post about not being able to use capital letters for reference to JFK or J.F.K.? What have we learned to resolve the original problem?

So, how is this related to the original post about not being able to use capital letters for reference to JFK or J.F.K.? What have we learned to resolve the original problem?

A test of the filter...

So, what he would have to post would be JFK & then hide a lower case letter some place. Way far away...

Back