• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Figured out the Motorrad Connected App problem.

rangerreece

RangerReece
On a separate unrelated issue, from the bug fix regarding kph verses mph on the Motorrad App that I posted earlier; since December the app has consistently exhibited a sudden ongoing inability to record rides, despite all the settings being in the right place.

Doing as much research as possible, numerous google searches, multiple letters to the app developers in Munich, and tons of trouble shooting, to include deleting all 749 of my recorded rides (big mistake) and nothing seemed to work.

On a hunch, I deleted the app on the devices I was not using to connect to the bike, the two additional iPhones I had, one I used to plan routes on.

Today, I was able to record my first ride on my app… problem solved.

If anyone else has been dealing with this problem or encounters it on the future, I hope this advice helps.

IMG_1247.jpeg

Last edited:
Also of note: Mark Zuckerberg’s company has locked me out of my account on his social media platform, so you all may be seeing more of me here. I’m sure that announcement will come with mixed reactions depending on whom I’ve exposed my dark sense of humor to.

Also of note: Mark Zuckerberg’s company has locked me out of my account on his social media platform, so you all may be seeing more of me here. I’m sure that announcement will come with mixed reactions depending on whom I’ve exposed my dark sense of humor to.
Dare we ask what you did or are accused of doing?:stick

Dare we ask what you did or are accused of doing?:stick
Nothing, I got locked out on the morning of the now infamous Super Tuesday social media blackout, along with hundreds of thousands of other users, and when I tried to re-access my account using my password and 2FA I never got my SMS text message code. After nearly a week of trying to recover my account I have hit a brick wall, and have run out of options.

The “Z” had become aware that you had been among missing here. :wave
OM

Bad news guys, Mr. Zuckerberg saw the evil of his ways, and saw fit to allow me back in... But I will make the extra effort to spend more time on here. This post, in the new format, was very reassuring in that I was able to easily post a picture, unlike before.

Bad news guys, Mr. Zuckerberg saw the evil of his ways, and saw fit to allow me back in... But I will make the extra effort to spend more time on here. This post, in the new format, was very reassuring in that I was able to easily post a picture, unlike before.
The threat of a visit by an attack helicopter will do that to a dude! :stick :uhoh
OM

Hey Reece, glad you're continuing to run down the Connected App. Although I'm happy with the 2 Nav Vi's I have, especially now with the upgraded screens eliminating the ghosting issue, the way of the future is the Connected App type solution in my humble. One console that one can hook their portable computer too (phone) and access all the apps. Carpe has a great solution now for add on unit, and there are numerous Apple Carplay/Android Auto devices same size as a Nav VI available for motorcycles, so we are proceeding to that point. See you at Fontana

Scotty

4bikers_mabdr_25may23.jpg

Yes. We four heading out to run the MABDR. One bailed after 3 days, 2nd one bailed after 7 days, and one other and myself completed the BDR plus the X loops in PA then ran south to the Rally at Richmond

Reece, you may want to download or share your recorded rides from the BMW Connected App with an online cloud service.
I merge my rides into a daily event and then down load or share them as a GPX file to my cloud service.
This allows me to import the my old rides into GArmin BaseCamp for future reference and for future route planning.
But I also have not had a problem recording my routes with my iPhone 7.
I did something similar with my Garmin/BMW GPS units. I would download and save my Tracks.

Well… I found a BMW Motorrad Connected App Facebook page, joined it; scrolled through a couple of threads, and found the cause of the problem. The app has a glitch whereby if you close out the app and re-open it it adds a “ghost bike” to your garage. This ghost bike prevents the app from recording your rides.

I usually just leave the app open, but now I know if I close it out I need to delete that ghost bike and all work as advertised.

Of course last week my iPhone SE slid off the seat and cracked the screen soooo…. I got to get that repaired, it’s always something.

Back