• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

windshields for r1200GSA

I am new to this forum. I have a 2018 r1200GSA. Love it! but on highway at 70MPH+ get a lot of buffeting and wind noise on my helmet, even with the faceplate down (have a new modular Shoei).
wondering whether I need a wider or higher aftermarket windshield? Any thoughts?
thanks
Chris Cutler

Welcome to the Forum:wave

Here was a recent discussion
https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?91080-Deflector-Spoiler-vs-Screen-replacement

Also, at bottom of page is a fairly new feature of related threads:thumb
Sometimes it is a tiny adjustment and what works for one may not work for another. I have sat up or squatted down on diff bikes to see where the sweet spot may be and adjust accordingly.Even trimming an aftermarket screen down on one bike provided relief. Helmets and saddle heights all play in game as well.

MadStad

I am new to this forum. I have a 2018 r1200GSA. Love it! but on highway at 70MPH+ get a lot of buffeting and wind noise on my helmet, even with the faceplate down (have a new modular Shoei).
wondering whether I need a wider or higher aftermarket windshield? Any thoughts?
thanks
Chris Cutler

You may want to look at the MadStad windshields. They do work!

The Puig Touring screen is a step forward. I have one on my 17 GSA and am satisfied with it. I recommend adding their windscreen bracket reinforcement as well. The lifting mechanism is a bit too delicate for larger screens. For three times the price Aeroflow makes a screen with Aero Guards and Hand Flair Extensions that I’ve heard good things about (http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/R1200GS/R1200GSW_GSWA_Products.htm). And, lastly adding a MRA X-creen works well for some. (http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-...MIhva735KD2QIVx1x-Ch189gL1EAQYAiABEgK_DfD_BwE)

I bought a used ‘13 R1200gs with a Puig screen installed . I would say it’s comparable to my stock ‘14 R1200 RT screen as far as protection goes.

I have the Ztechnik Vstream touring on my 2017 R1200GS and find it just about perfect. I run it all the way down and get good wind protection and no buffeting. (5' 10", 32" inseam, standard seat) I do not have, or feel I need, reinforcement brackets

Winshield GS/GSA

I have had an Aeroflow shield on the last four BMW’s I have owned. RT, GS and GSA. Yes, they are a little more costly than other offerings. In my experience the AeroFlow is worth the cost. Best wind/noise protection in my humble opinion. Good luck
I too am very interested in this topic.

I know I will be replacing my shield on my 17 but need to get some miles on it to determine what if any I need to change.

I did buy the reinforcement brackets for it and may get those installed today. A bit disappointed it needs such a thing but hey it is only money right?

Please keep the suggestions coming if you will.

The AeroFlow looks great but what a price tag for a little bit of plastic.

I have added a simple Wunderlich Spoiler to my GSA and it totally eliminated the buffeting and noise. Much cheaper than a new screen and I have ridden with several riders using the same spoiler.
Just an option.

The Puig Touring screen is a step forward.

+1

I bought one for my 2014 GSA and switched it to my 2016 GSA very happy, has held up well and no complaints. I am tall and offers very good wind protection. I guess the noise is reduced but I use other means to control that as well. Whatever you decide I am sure it will help.

Chris

2015 GSA Windshield Replacement

I bought a Vstream shield and it works well, however I had to add their windshield stiffener, which makes adjustment a little more awkward but the buffeting of the windscreen stopped. I was worried of failure before.

Back