• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

why do i not receive notifications ??

On all the other forums i take part in, when i post something I get a notification when ever someone replies to my post automatically.

That does not happen here, wondered if maybe i have something not set up correctly or is that just the way this forum works ??

Thanks, Doug

Doug -

Go to the User CP at the upper left of the screen. Click on Edit Options. Under messaging and notification, there's a section on Thread Subscription Mode. You should be able to change the messaging through that setting. Let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks Kurt, I think I have it set right now.

By the way, i am not sure if my apology for my previous mistakes ever got through to you. I appreciate your help .
Doug

Doug -

Got your previous PMs...no problem. I hope this change in the settings does the trick.

Doug:

You may want to consider doing subscriptions without notifications, to reduce your e-mail volume.

Then, when you go onto the Forum, just hit Quick Links, and Subscribed Threads, and check if there are new posts. I always go to Subscribed Threads first and then to New Posts. Then I can quickly check for new stuff on the three boards that I belong to.

There may be something more than just "user settings" going on here.

I used to get notifications on all my subscribed threads. Settings have not changed, and i have gone in and reset to exactly what they had been (no change involved, just repeating the setup). In the past month or so, i have only received notifications very sporadically- last time was a flurry of 7 or 8 all in a burst about a week ago, then back to nothing.

Back