• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where do you mount your Farkles?

lacofdfireman

So I bought a 2007 RT and have a few things I would like to mount up. I have a radar detector, cell phone, handheld Baofeng Ham Radio etc and with no actual round Handlebars on my RT like I have on my Tenere I'm at a loss of how to mount stuff. Hopping some of you will post up some picks of what you have done. Yesterday I added power to my BMW Tank bag via a SAE connector like I have done on my Tenere. On my Tenere I have most of my Farkles Ram Mounted like my phone in an XGrip and Zumo in a Tourance case with ram ball attached to the back. Post up some picks of your Farkles mounted up and where you bought your mounts. Thanks.

BMR shelf is worth every penny. Great service, great product. RAM mounts on the fluid boxes work fine too, but I like the heads up view of the shelf.

Another Shelf Option

BMR shelf is worth every penny. Great service, great product. RAM mounts on the fluid boxes work fine too, but I like the heads up view of the shelf.

Looked at that but $225 for just the shelf!!!! No thanks. I'm looking into some Ram Mount options now.

The BMR shelf certainly looks very functional but yes, quite pricey.

On my R1100RT, I use a RCU shelf, although not as elaborate as the BMR shelf, it is very functional, it keeps my GPS (combined with a RAM mount) in my line of vision. I did have an additional bracket made for additional support, keeping it rock solid.

They make a shelf for the R1200RT. Check out http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=43419

When it comes to farkles, everything is pricey on this bike.

I use a migsel mount on top of the instrument cluster.

It can hold up to 3 ram balls

The 07 also has holes behind the handle bar switches.
I use them for my extra mirrors but they can probably be used for ram balls mount also.

When it comes to farkles, everything is pricey on this bike.

I use a migsel mount on top of the instrument cluster.

It can hold up to 3 ram balls

The 07 also has holes behind the handle bar switches.
I use them for my extra mirrors but they can probably be used for ram balls mount also.

These look reasonably simple and especially useful if one already has being RAM ball mounts. The site I looked at was European and pricy (worked out to $173 CAD) for the basic shelf capable of mounting 3 balls. Did you find a North American based source for Migsel?

Last edited:
These look reasonably simple and especially useful if one already has being RAM ball mounts. The site I looked at was European and pricy (worked out to $173 CAD) for the basic shelf capable of mounting 3 balls. Did you find a North American based source for Migsel?

No. I don't think there is one.
I ordered mine from their web site.

It's pricy but not more than the other brands.
I like the sleek and simple design
It's very easy to install. Only 2 screws. You don't have to remove any part of the instrument cluster like the Wunderlich. (Although it's easier to install if you remove the windshield but not absolutely necessary.)

I like my BMR. I made wings for it out some aluminum that I had. I then had the shelf, additional shelf and nuts and screws to match my bike. I made the wings longer to accommodate more FARKLES.

I had the RCU shelf on my 05 RT, but changed to the Migsel. The Migsel is a little more stable. It is a little pricey; think I paid $175 for mine from their website.

I have the RCU shelf on my '07 RT. I have a RAM-mounted Garmin and a garage door opener on it, and it works pretty well. However, I get road vibration in it because of the mounting (two arms rear mounted), and have thought for some time that I wish it had a front brace to steady the shelf from vibrating. So the BMR shelf is really making me consider a change.

Voni and I are running a half-dozen bikes. GPSs, radar detectors, etc. The late great Cycle Gadgets ( wish they were back) used to claim I was the poster child for RAM mounts. Everything we have is on a RAM mount, including my windshield extensions on two bikes. As many as 4 or 5 per bike. If RAM makes a cradle, I can find a base and arm length that works. Mirror mounts, round base mounts, U bolt mounts. If you can't find a RAM setup that works you are not trying. YMMV.

Back