• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What a way to spend an anniversary!!!

98lee

3 Red Bricks
Staff member
I just spent my bike's 100,000 mile anniversary on NorCal's Range of Light Gypsy Tour.

Three nights of camping and two days of riding (600 miles) in God's Country (the Sierra Nevada Mountains between Tahoe and Yosemite).

Three or four mountain passes over 8000 ft. Some great mountain highways with little traffic (on labor day weekend no less) and a ton of lesser known GREAT twisty back roads though forests, canyons, cliffsides and mountains.

We even took a turn through the high Nevada dessert (where I chased a Honda 650 Turbo for 5 arrow straight miles at 124 mph indicated. (couldn't pull any more at 5,200 ft. with the large touring cases and top box, but I still had 700 rpm left). The Turbo definitely had the advantage at altitude.

180 riders. Saturday I rode with four other riders. Sunday morning rode with my buddy that I bought my bike from.

But Sunday afternoon I celebrated my bikes 100,000 mile anniversary, just me and the bike singing 5000-8000 rpm "Happy Songs" for about two hours on some of the most glorious roads that I could imagine.:dance :dance

I even won Saturdays poker run ($200)!!!

P.S. It's a good thing the Highway Patrol were otherwise occupied with patrolling the more traveled roads for the weekend and that the deer stayed on their side of the edge of the road.

P.P.S. Can't wait for 200,000!

:dance :dance :dance

Last edited:
261365954_uSaHa-M.gif

Yeah, you're right. But I never stopped to take pictures except when we got to the campgrounds. I was having too much fun riding and didn't want to stop!:bolt

Most of the pictures that I got were of guys standing around the campsite with a beer in their hand and a big grin on their faces.:buds

I'll see if I have any pics that are worthwhile.

:dance :dance :dance

Back