• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New To BMWMOA Membership

kras

Hello all
New to BMW MOA.
Have a 2018 R1200RT. Live in Davidson NC USA.
Always looking for a cup of coffee (pending weather) on the weekends
Anyone local wishing to do a coffee run one day to Morganton, Hickory, N Wilkesboro, Asheville...., wherever. I am game.
Typically do a 120-250 mile loop on Saturdays or Sundays. Have ridden allot of the mountain ,backroads and highways around me.
The bike is my therapy. Not my primary transportation. It's a Friday-Monday ride thing for me. Typically ride with one or two other guys (GS1250 and a Victory Cruiser). If not available, typically on a solo run somewhere for a few hours.
I have a Cardo communicator. Never been able to seamlessly sync with Sena unfortunately, need my music but find being able to communicate during ride helpful.
Looking forward to learning more about the group/ forum
Ken

Welcome to the forum! Nice part of the country! I looked at the map and didn't realize there was such a huge lake nearby. Looks nice.

Welcome to the MOA forum, Ken, and the Motorrad community!

Looks like you’re in a nice neighborhood, unless you have to drive into/thru Charlotte... :brow

U won’t have far to ride to get to Doswell, VA for next year’s 50th Anniversary National MOA Rally.
Get your kit together over the next 11 months - no reason U shouldn’t be in attendance! :usa

Be safe and be seen out on those wonderful country roads over your way...

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

From one newbie to another, welcome to the site. I am extremely jealous of the part of the USA that you get to live in. Never too far away from some really good riding. Lucky dog.

Thanks..., no. Typically heading North towards mountains on rides. At times head to SC for a loop. Try to stay away from the 77 corridor through Charlotte at all cost.
Was not aware of the 50 year thing in VA. I will research it and see if the stars align.
Yes.., ride safe, thank you.
Always looking out for those who don't seemingly see me
:banghead

Looks like you’re in a nice neighborhood, unless you have to drive into/thru Charlotte... :brow

U won’t have far to ride to get to Doswell, VA for next year’s 50th Anniversary National MOA Rally.
Get your kit together over the next 11 months - no reason U shouldn’t be in attendance! :usa

HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil

'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S

Newfie, eh...?

Wow.., that strike close to home.
My mother was born in Springdale.
She's a Huxter. Big family name in those parts.
I was born in Quebec
Brought a smile to my face when I saw the Newfoundland reference...!
Cheers..., and thank you.
Ken

HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil

'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S

Welcome from Newfoundland.

Yes..., great roads here and close to mountains and TN and VA with more great rides
Must say, likewise envious of your proximity to CO..! God's Country out there as well
Thanks

HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil

'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S

From one newbie to another, welcome to the site. I am extremely jealous of the part of the USA that you get to live in. Never too far away from some really good riding. Lucky dog.

Back