• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

venting machine jacket and city pants

aaaaaa

Even though they were a little warm in Cheyenne WY after the rally, I left um on anyway. I low sided to avoid a truck in the slow lane of I80. Got up, moved the bike onto the shoulder, dusted myself off, said hello the the nice state trooper and rode on. The jacket tore a bit but no bloodshed or bruises from a 40mph slide.
Very nice stuff. How can people ride with tank tops and no helmet?
robert

Whew!

Glad to hear you were OK after your low-side.
Last month I got the mesh pants to go with my First Gear Mesh-Tex 2 jacket. I've had a Roadcrafter for years, but it gets steamy when the air temp is over 85 F.

I hope to never test out my protective gear, but good to hear it worked OK for you.

I'm glad to hear you're no worse for the wear and the Venting Machine jacket kept you that way. I bought the pants and jacket this summer. I hope I never need to field test it.

Tested the venting machine jacket

I'm glad to hear you're no worse for the wear and the Venting Machine jacket kept you that way. I bought the pants and jacket this summer. I hope I never need to field test it.

Hi

I unfortunately tested the venting machine jacket in a highside off my GS on a dirt track at about 35 mph. Be aware that the mesh part is NOT all that resilient and ended up torned / burned and left me with some road rash. The rest of the jaket is OK though. I replaced my Venting machine with a RUKKA air power.

Cheers

Denis R1200GS

Back