• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Uncomfortable Lowered RT

Another solution may be to just take some rider training classes that get you, and keep you, really profficient and confident on your bike. I'm 5'-6", with a 30" inseam and I ride a 94 R1100RS, with a Corbin Rumble seat, standard hieght Wilbers shocks, and in the summer I use a bead seat (good for another 1"of height). I'm also a 17 MSF instructor (Hi Kevin G!), which keeps my ridign skills sharp.

I have no issues with reaching the ground or any issues of comfort or confidence moving the bike around. I am so used to stopping with only my left foot to the ground that I rarely ever have both feet on the ground. When I do, I can easily get the ball of each foot to the ground, which is plenty to me.

I also do the demo rides on all the BMW models for Nick's BMW. I have not yet ridden a GS Adventure but I have ridden all the others with the stock seat heights. So some training does make a difference.

Well, HI back at 'ya, Andy. See you Saturday (Nov. 14th) at the Fall Wrap-Up for another MSF training year at Lakeshore Technical College, now with two dedicated MSF ranges for expanded training.

And I would echo this veteran trainer's sentiments: skill can trump ergonomics every time, so go out and get the best training you can find! :clap

I am your size and I do not have any off the issues you have. I can be on this bike for 8 to 10 hours with out a problem. The only thing that is different is mine is not lowered.

Back