• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1250 riding comfort

ramble

ohbeemer
6ft. w/32 in inseam. I've got 52k on stock seat and pegs but getting right side inflammation and then foot numbness. PT has not helped much nor has seat hgt'. So my question is should I try lower pegs or go the route of guards just for the pleasure of a highway peg rest? I am consciously assessing my posture and trying to avoid unknown listing to the starboard . Find myself hooking my heels on the rear pegs. Thoughts appreciated.

6ft. w/32 in inseam. I've got 52k on stock seat and pegs but getting right side inflammation and then foot numbness. PT has not helped much nor has seat hgt'. So my question is should I try lower pegs or go the route of guards just for the pleasure of a highway peg rest? I am consciously assessing my posture and trying to avoid unknown listing to the starboard . Find myself hooking my heels on the rear pegs. Thoughts appreciated.
Lower pegs with Suburban Machinery product. Think highway pegs will make riding angles even more troublesome and adds more pressure to tailbone.

Everyone is different, so what works for one may not for another. Having said that I will relate my personal experiences.

I obtained my first BMW motorcycle in the early 90s. It was a used 88 R100GS. I did not find the seat very comfortable after about 45 min. A used Corbin seat made things much more comfortable.

On my R1200RTw I replaced the stock seat with one from Sargent. I find it very comfortable. [I also stop about every 75 to 100 miles whilst on a trip.]

If you have gotten 52k (mostly comfortable miles) on this bike in the past couple of years, then there might be something else going on.

In my case the same saddle used on the 88 R100GS was moved to my 93 R100GS/PD (owned for more than 30 years) and has been very comfortable until the past couple of years. The same type of discomfort is experienced on my R1100RS (purchased new in 94) which has a Corbin saddle. The problem for me is bad knees - I want to put off knee replacement and am experimenting with lowered pegs and seat cushions (i.e., AirHawk) to make my knees less painful. [Ice, ibuprofen, and turmeric help also!].

Oddly enough, I do not have knee discomfort on my R1200RTw, my R100RS, or my K75S bikes. A small difference in riding position seems to have a very large effect on my riding comfort.

I'm 6' 33" inseam. I have a Russell seat it adds height and Suburban Machinery lowering kit. I rode 469 sMiles yesterday without any issue on my 22R1250RT. I had the same setup on a 14R1200RT plus highway pegs (that bike had crash bars to mount the pegs). I used the pegs to lay my leg across them with, it was good and did change things up on long rides, but I don't miss them on the 22RT.

Back