• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tinkering with my 009RT

Yes, But...

...As James Grant is wont to say....but I digress.

Hope BMW's hydro fuel cell runs a tad cooler than the Bloom Box which if (IF!) I recall cruises somewhat north of 1000 degrees.

I DO recall that R&T had an article on BMW hydrogen powered car (not a fuel cell but typical piston IC engine) more than 20 years ago when men were men and Peter Egan's hair was whatever it's original color was.

While I LOVE the idea, hydrogen has a bunch of problems mostly boiling down to the large amount of energy it takes to process it into a useful physical state and then safely storing it.

I'll leave it to you engineering types to hash all that out but I suspect that the Bloom folks (and John "make me money" Doerr) are right that fuel cells WILL WORK and will most likely be using hydroCARBON fuels for quite some time to come.

Best not to use the Puffington Host for any serious thinking, too.

Hah! Let the flames fly!:dance:dance:dance

Back