• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Christmas Visitor - A tale for the 2006 Holidays

R

rocketman

OK, so its been a while since I posted anything here, work has been nuts and with the purchaise of the new (to me) 99 K1200LT I've been doing a lot of riding! (Quite a switch and step up from the 78 R100/7, to put it mildly! :D )

Anywho....I was going to write some long winded introduction to this tale but decided it speaks for itself and so I will let it say what I have to say without undo wind-age.

The one thing I would touch on (OK, so a Little wind is OK, right?) is that part of the motivation for it and what is says is the simple fact that this may well be the last year I will get to celebrate the holidays with my remaining parent. My father died quite a few years ago, and this spring we found out my Mother has a terminal form of cancer, but at 91 she has lived a full, wonderfully rich life, which I have been lucky enough to have shared with her and my family, so we (my immediate family) have been coming to grips with the situation. She opted not do undergo chemo but rather just live what time she has left, as she has lived her entire life, with gusto (such as she can muster) and clearity of mind, bright eyes and a warm smile. She remains as aware as she ever was, so I can still enjoy her company as I have these past 56 years, and for that I consider myself and my family blessed. The story is a tribute to a certain individual (you'll have to read it to find out whom) and I wanted her to know how I felt about that certain individual, (just in case she hasn't figured it out yet! :) Which I somehow doubt, or certainly hope so!)

So without further adue, here is my tale for the season, 2006

The Christmas Visitor

You can read my other tales fro the season that I started writing each year since I started writing for Virginia Wind then click on my byline Byways

or by going to my site Roadrunes Christmas Tales

As always, happy holidays!

Enjoy

RM

Great story. Sounds like you found a nice little corner of the world. Traditions are something to be cherished.

Brian

Thanks RM.
A beautiful scribe that serves as a reminder of how fortunate some of us really are. I have both of my parents still. My father turns 78 Saturday, and Mom 79 in January. Plus they celebrated 50 years together this spring. Sometimes it's frustrating having to repeat myself when their hearing fails. Or maybe hearing Mom tell her dining table placemat story yet again. But it beats the alternative.

Back