• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Test Yourself.

I don't really agree with #7 "Pull off to the side of the road until the rain washes the oil to the side of the road."
I definitely reduce speed and increase following distances, but I don't pull over.

Retro-reflective clothing, I like the new stuff not so much into the retro look.

Sorry that just caught my eye, but I guess that's the point.

I don't really agree with #7 "Pull off to the side of the road until the rain washes the oil to the side of the road."
I definitely reduce speed and increase following distances, but I don't pull over.

I would tend to agree... At least knowing what I know now... That being said... I've been out and caught in a late August 'gully washer' when it hasn't rained for a few weeks... Like on Long Island or some other high traffic area...

Those first few minutes were pretty hairy.

Being new to cycling as the test suggests it may be good to err on the side of caution and go grab a burger or what not... :eat

riding test

Boy oh boy, out here in Portland, OR in the great NorthWet we'd never ride at all from November through April (this year). Pull off and wait for the rain to quit just wouldn't make it. Somehow, most of us just learn what to do and what not to do when the pavement's wet.

Karl:laugh

It's the first few minutes AFTER a lonnng dry spell that is the concern. Not the wet pavement.

Up here in the Greater NorthWet the forecast still has snow in it.
Enough already.

Back