• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

tail light lens

shandeland

Club President
I am wondering if there is a replacement taillight/turn signal lens for my 2005 R1200RT? I can only find what seems to be a complete unit, 63 21 7 687 460. I haven't looked at it that close, but I would have to believe you can replace just the lens.
Also, this bike has heated hand grips. The throttle grip is starting to get a split. Is that really going to cost over a $100?
I am an Airhead and new to these fancy bikes.
Thanks, Steve

Taillight lens + signals is all one unit. This part number does not include the black plastic back side, so this *is* just the lens (plus the reflectors), but you buy it with the two bulb holders under this part number. Folks could switch between amber and clear turn signal lenses and this requires different bulb holders, hence the consolidation of parts.

On the R1100/1150 you can purchase a grip for a bike without heated grips, and after carefully cutting the existing grip off the heating element, slide that grip on. Maybe same is possible for R1200s. Illustrations at realoem.com suggest maybe not, but a conversation at your dealer with the parts person may reveal all.

Is yours tail light the one with the clear turn signal lenses, or the yellow ones? I have an extra with yellow lenses around here somewhere.

Back