• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

SW Motech Tank Lock Tank Bag System

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
Good day, Folks.

I've got an R1100S and I'm about to purchase a tank bag from SW Motech with their Tank Lock system which fastens the bag to the gas cap.

Question: With the offset-to-the-right gas cap on my bike, does anyone know if the mounting ring that is supplied is offset-to-the-left so the bag sits in the centre of the tank?

Thanks in advance for your input/knowledge/snarky remarks!

dont know how it would fit on your tank. I have a R1200R, this bike takes a different ring. The ring works great. I was not impressed with the tank bag so I attached the bag mount ring to the bottom of a RKA tankbag. It is exactly what I wanted.

As stated above, I have one for my R1150RT and I am very happy with it. No scratched paint, the bag doesn't even touch the tank, it rides maybe 1/4 inch above it. Perfect.

I had one on my R11S and it wasn't hardly noticeable. But you can't put much in them like the strap on tankbags.

There is some flexibility in where you place the mounting ring on the bag. If it is enough for your S, I don't know.
Try Jerry Finley at Pirates Lair. He seems to know everything.

pirateslair.net

Good luck.

Back