• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bag Research

I used a Bagman tank bag on one bike for three years, and then used it on another bike for 28 years of daily commuting. The straps rubbed on the sides of the tank, which was washed and waxed maybe twice a year. Paint still looked like new when I sold those bikes. YRMV.

I took a bagman on the GS 8K miles round trip from Az. to the arctic circle. I wasn't too enamored with the strap system at first, but by Montana and a few fuel stops, it was like it had been on the motor forever. Great bag set up

It's a bike. It gets bugs. It falls over. It gets scratches. Sheesh! Get real!

Or park it with a cover and keep it for 20 years as a keepsake, with rusted innards.

I guess we're all entitled to the way we choose to care for our bikes. There's no right or wrong - excepting for maintenance items, of course. In that case, one MUST use synthetic motorcycle engine oil. :laugh

Disclaimer:
The previous statement is NOT INTENDED TO START AN OIL THREAD !

I guess we're all entitled to the way we choose to care for our bikes. There's no right or wrong - excepting for maintenance items, of course. In that case, one MUST use synthetic motorcycle engine oil. :laugh

Disclaimer:
The previous statement is NOT INTENDED TO START AN OIL THREAD !

So, you’re saying there’s never a wrong way to care for our rides? I'd disagree.
While everyone is entitled to “care for” their ride any way they want to, sometimes they’re wrong.
One example that comes to mind being those that say they cover their ride while it’s being trailered so it doesn’t get a rain sprinkle on it only to find when they reach their destination that the cover has marred the paint from flapping in the breeze.

I’m with Paul on his comment.

So, you’re saying there’s never a wrong way to care for our rides? I'd disagree.
While everyone is entitled to “care for” their ride any way they want to, sometimes they’re wrong.
One example that comes to mind being those that say they cover their ride while it’s being trailered so it doesn’t get a rain sprinkle on it only to find when they reach their destination that the cover has marred the paint from flapping in the breeze.

I’m with Paul on his comment.

No, I think you're taking my words from the sublime to the ridiculous. But, unlike some, I ride my bike - I don't trailer it. However, I suppose that would be their choice, wouldn't it?

Perhaps one should start a thread "How to trailer a bike - the do's and don't's." :D

No, I think you're taking my words from the sublime to the ridiculous. But, unlike some, I ride my bike - I don't trailer it. However, I suppose that would be their choice, wouldn't it?

Perhaps one should start a thread "How to trailer a bike - the do's and don't's." :D

I might suggest that if you don't want your words taken seriously, maybe choose different words.

My wife can't ride anymore thanks to arthritis. We rode at least a couple hundred k as a couple on one bike to 48 states and a few provinces.

Trailering? If we want to go anywhere with a motorcycle, that's how it's going to have to be now.

Am I somehow less of a rider, despite 400K miles on BMWs, because of this? Or are you just making arbitrary judgements about people without knowing anything about them?

IMG_1648.jpg

Not sure how a thread about tank bags devolved into a “hackles up” pile on regarding on hauling a bike on a trailer?
:lurk
OM

Probably best that I don't respond further for fear that someone will interpret my words as a personal affront.

Back