• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sturgis Motorsports

brownie0486

Back from a 3 week 5 state trip with my brother. Me on the 2011RT, he on his 2007GT.

5 days out of Sturgis one of the low beams went out on mine. Called and they said just come in when early while in the area. We stayed in Keystone for 3 days, so rode up 2nd morning and lost the second low beam on the way there [ 50 miles ]. They pulled the bike in when I got there, had me on the road again in 40 minutes.

This is the second time I've had an issue with the motor while traveling in that area where they took me in on short notice and got me hooked up and back on the road.

Just a shout out to their great service dept. for handling it all when they were obviously swamped with work.

Attachments

• DSC01949.JPG
    DSC01949.JPG
    565.5 KB · Views: 140
So, how was your issue resolved? Nothing extraordinary?

Every year, we had bulbs blow on our F-GS bikes; both of them: 800 & 650.
That was just their thing... A trip to any auto parts store resolved the random (but regular) problem with blown halogen bulbs...

What certain thing was performed by the dealer to make U so appreciative???? :bow

Enquiring minds want to know -- Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

That was just their thing... A trip to any auto parts store resolved the random (but regular) problem with blown halogen bulbs...

What certain thing was performed by the dealer to make U so appreciative???? :bow

I think he explained it pretty well. Re-read his last sentence. Getting in on short notice to any dealer is something to be appreciative of.

You and I may do some or maybe even all of our own maintenance work, but not everyone shares that sentiment.

Enquiring minds want to know -- Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 650GS-twin —- '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS —-—— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

My last sentence in the original post was --------- "Just a shout out to their great service dept. for handling it all when they were obviously swamped with work."

What I didn't mention was that on the way there from Keystone that morning, my brothers K1200GT lost it's throttle return. They yanked that bike into the bay along with mine, and an hour later pulled it back out front [ we're thinking it's fixed ]. The bad news was 3 parts had to be ordered from Germany, they listed the parts for him and he called his private mechanic back home to get the parts ordered asap. He rode it the rest of the trip and back to his place like that. When I asked how much for their time, the reply was "no charge".

In my world as a non wrencher, getting me in and fixing both low beams first thing in the morning when it was obvious they were swamped with work orders and customers with appts lining up at the counter to check in. That's above and beyond great service IMO and many dealers would have had me waiting hours there to try and fit me in during the day.

Back