• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sticker shock!

DavidR8

I want to add better mirrors to my 2013 RT. Looked at the Wunderlich mirror adapters.
With shipping to Canada to total is $221 CAD! Adding a pair of mirrors brings the total to $370CAD.
Surely there has to be a cheaper option.

Wunderlich is just about as expensive as you will find; closely followed by Touratech. Sometimes Wunderlich has things that only they have. If you haven’t all ready done so, then a search of the web may reveal something, as well as a search of AliExpress.

Wunderlich is just about as expensive as you will find; closely followed by Touratech. Sometimes Wunderlich has things that only they have. If you haven’t all ready done so, then a search of the web may reveal something, as well as a search of AliExpress.
Yup I need to broaden the search. Now way am paying $220 for a couple of pieces of aluminum.
I may actually have a go at making something as I have a full machine shop.

I have Double Take's on 2 bikes and love them! The founder of the company spent a very long time doing the research to find the right materials for a quality product. Ned is a good guy and a regular inmate on ADVrider. I highly recommend them if the look will suit you.

Yup I need to broaden the search. Now way am paying $220 for a couple of pieces of aluminum.
I may actually have a go at making something as I have a full machine shop.
I am not certain what type of mount, or adapter you are looking for, but i know in the past some guys have used the two piece mirror mounts from Amazon, tossed the one half away and fit it up to the stock clutch and/or brake handle bar clamp, discarding the stock clamp.

Like these, and just use the half with the threaded socket for the mirror with the stock clutch or brake lever clamp.
https://www.amazon.com/kemimoto-Uni...x=motorcycle+mirror+mount,aps,154&sr=8-6&th=1

Thanks, unfortunately on the 2013 the lever mounts are split horizontally.

The clamps for the R1200gs has the tapped holes for the mirrors.
Boots right on in place of the RT clamps.
BMW part # is 32 72 7 673 917. About $50 per side.

Last edited:
What year GS?
Enter the part number from post #9 into the parts fiche search box and you'll see all the models and years that use that clamp.

Enter the part number from post #9 into the parts fiche search box and you'll see all the models and years that use that clamp.
Thanks, found them. $74 each!

Last edited:
I managed to find the Wunderlich brackets from Gabriel BMW in Montreal.
They had an eBay listing for Wunderlich brackets for 2010 - early 2012 RT but listed the p/n for late 2012 - 2013 as 3272246 which is the Wunderlich p/n.

$61CDN each vs $83CDN from Wunderlich.

Last edited:
Back