• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

South Dakota ????

Hey I was all set to tell you all where else not to go when suddenly this thread took a turn back to its original title.Now I don't know what to do except,like BLFF,call on the llama smiley for guidance.
I was going to say,don't go to Ontario because the bikers there are mean to each other.(8 Bandidos purged by other Bandidos in Ontario.)

Also I heard that there was a diplomat in Ottawa who drove drunk and killed a family and just got a stern rebuke from his embassy.
:type

one time when i was in canada, a guy bumped my elbow, and he didnt say excuse me.

rudest canadian i ever met... :D

Drunken Russians

Yup, Ontario is finally in the news. :bluduh

The incident in Ottawa involved someone who worked at the Russian Embassy. I know the sister of the woman who was killed. Under international law, diplomats are not charged for offences. It drives everyone in Ottawa crazy when they park illegally, drive drunk etc. Of course, most countries demand proper behaviour of their diplomats but there are some notable exceptions. This particular Russian had been stopped before for drunk driving but there was nothing that could be done about it. As soon as he killed someone, he was quickly removed to Moscow.

I am heading to Ottawa on Friday for Easter. The warm weather today almost tempted me to ride my bike, but remembering how much colder it is there (second coldest capitol city in the world) and all the crazy drivers, I've opted for 4 wheels.

Holly

mcclimans84rt said:
"In the history of the world, the true test of a civilization is how well people treat the most vulnerable and most helpless in their society,"
SD Gov Mike Rounds

Read: "Why Civilizations Self Destruct"

jerryb

Update

My Hat is off the all the legistators of the Great State of South Dakota, Where you can not get an abortion for any reason (except when the health of the mother is in question) But,! you can RUN OVER a motorcyclist, and continue to practice law!!!, NOW!! do not take this the wrong way, Pro-Life??? Pro-choice??? your decision, I respect it, BUT, IMOP pro-life should enclude people on Motorcycles. Den.
ussd8419.jpg' width=576 height=393  >
All news
Former Gov. Bill Janklow dead at age 72
January 13, 2012

Former South Dakota Gov. Bill Janklow, who served 100 days in jail for killing a motorcyclist in a traffic crash, died of brain cancer on Jan. 12. He was 72.

In 2003, Janklow was sentenced to 100 days in jail after being convicted of felony manslaughter for driving a car through a stop sign at a speed estimated at more than 70 mph into the path of motorcyclist Randolph Scott, 55, of Hardwick, Minn. Scott died at the scene.

Janklow also lost his driverÔÇÖs license for three years, was placed on probation for three years and was ordered to pay $11,000 in fines in costs.

The Associated Press reported that Janklow announced at a news conference in November that he had inoperable brain cancer and his only regret was running the stop sign and killing Scott.

Back