• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

So You Served!!

US Army, Infantry 11B
Active 9 years 56th FA Command (Pershing), 5th ID, 8th Army HQ’s, 6th ID (Arctic Light),
Texas Army National Guard.

27 total years, 1SG retired.

Welcome 1SG. Did the Military Mountaineering Instructor Course in 1990 at Black Rapids. 11C B Company 1/75 (1988-1992)

USAF avionics tech 84-04 on C5 aircraft. Been supporting the Air Force with a few contractors since retiring. Going on 38 years and counting working the C5 aircraft.

USAF avionics tech 84-04 on C5 aircraft. Been supporting the Air Force with a few contractors since retiring. Going on 38 years and counting working the C5 aircraft.

:clap the mighty C5; I know her well. Stall speed too fast for a static line jump in a T-10B ;)

Happy Birthday Marines!

Two days early and maybe not the right place to post but... I am a Marine :)

Last edited:
I was Navy, but had the honor of serving with Marines twice, first as a Corpsman with the 9th Marines, and later as a PA with the 2nd Marines. Between those bookends I served on the submarine Gurnard, then independent duty aboard cruiser Jouett and minesweeper Pluck. Instructor duty at IDC school was the only shore billet I didn’t terminate early to get back to sea.

6F934627-1CD4-4DD4-8272-ACB37937330B.jpeg

I was Navy, but had the honor of serving with Marines twice, first as a Corpsman with the 9th Marines, and later as a PA with the 2nd Marines. Between those bookends I served on the submarine Gurnard, then independent duty aboard cruiser Jouett and minesweeper Pluck. Instructor duty at IDC school was the only shore billet I didn’t terminate early to get back to sea.

View attachment 89859

We Marines always appreciated the Corpsman. Thank you for watching over us Marines

My birthday is 9/14 which was selected day #1 in the Viet Nam era draft lottery. Thanks to little league baseball injury requiring ankle be pinned back together, I was 1Y and didn't go.

In career, I worked in Military Liaison for DOE Nuclear Weapon Complex and thoroughly enjoyed all contacts with military as we worked together to provide official maintenance or retrofit manuals related to nuclear weapons, mostly Army in my assignments and mostly time pressured. The training and skill evident with all personnel contacted was really impressive. I've been to Picatinny and Hawthorne Arsenals, Redstone, and Patch Barracks (a super BMW dealer just outside the gate).

Not the same as serving obviously, but compliments are in order.

Vietnam era RAMF. 71 to 74 active.... to 76 inactive.

Never stationed there but I got sent there a few times. Most of my time in Yongsan Seoul Korea. (It's gone now)

US Army MOS 71F20 Postal Clerk and Non-Specified MOS Document Courier.

BTW.... I was drafted/inducted on Pearl Harbor Day, December 7th. (Draft Lottery #89)

Last edited:
Back