• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Snow!

In the Adirondacks that snow would be a poof and a piffle. :laugh

Let mother nature get this out of her system now so there will be smooth sailing for the BIG Gig.

Cold, snow; I've got your cold and snow. A New Yorker discussing cold and snow is like Tiger Woods talking about the keys to a successful marriage. :laugh

Good one liner. Lake Placid in upstate New York is the only place where two winter Olympics have been held. How many have been held in Alaska? :laugh

Let mother nature get this out of her system now so there will be smooth sailing for the BIG Gig.

Aye. :thumb

The Chicago area received just a little of the white stuff compared to what you folks are/will be getting this weekend. Maybe an inch/inch and a half here. Easy shoveling.
I am curious to hear what our friend criminaldesign has to report as it looks like West Virginia is getting clobbered.
Regardless of your location give yourself extra time especially during this last shopping weekend. People behind the wheel are thinking about anything but driving, so be careful out there!

SNOW, huh? Thanks folks-

my riding season is 12 months long but for 3 or 4 of those months my "ride" isn't quite as much fun as the rest of the year.......

4197522322_93be8710ff_o.jpg

Spring can't be THAT far off, can it??

SNOW, huh? Thanks folks-

my riding season is 12 months long but for 3 or 4 of those months my "ride" isn't quite as much fun as the rest of the year.......

4197522322_93be8710ff_o.jpg

Spring can't be THAT far off, can it??

Spring starts in a couple of days. :scratch

Sure! That is when the days stop getting shorter and in a few more days the length of sunshine increases. Now that is odd reasoning but it helps to get through the January white sales.

Spring starts in a couple of days. :scratch

Sure! That is when the days stop getting shorter and in a few more days the length of sunshine increases. Now that is odd reasoning but it helps to get through the January white sales.

:confused::confused::confused:

We woke at 6 this morning to find the newspaper delivery van stuck in our front lawn and 8 inches of snow on the driveway. Fired-up the snowblower and went to town. Did it again at 11am to clear another 4 inches and it's still falling. Driver of the van came back with a tow truck and was on his way leaving a serious rut in my yard. He said they would fix it; I'm trusting they will. Still snowing. Reminds me of a big storm that hit DC in February about 5 years ago. Started snowing on Friday and didn't stop until Sunday dropping 21 inches. You can keep the snow.
Merry Christmas!
Mark

Hey all; I recall the last year I lived in Virginia, We had a couple of inches of snow, and the city of Portsmouth shut down entirely!! I understand that Sodom on the Potomac is scheduled for a couple of FEET! Let the fun begin!! Now THAT'S a snow blower!! (Could have used that puppy last year around here, that's for sure!! Enjoy the snow you all, I'm getting the hack out and going for a ride!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Just blew 7" out of the driveway, still coming down, but has slowed. Headed to a Christmas party in 2 hours, should be all but stopped by then.

Good one liner. Lake Placid in upstate New York is the only place where two winter Olympics have been held. How many have been held in Alaska? :laugh

There's too much snow, and too much cold in Alaska to hold an Olympics. The busses hauling the crowds wouldn't start and they'd all get stuck in the snow.

starting to hit hard now, 12-18 by morning according to a few sources i've seen, others saying around 10.:lurk

This was from early this morning, only about 15" of snow on the ground. As of now we're at about 25"!!! Anyone who owns or has owned a border collie will recognize this intense stare as "pick it up and throw it to me .. now!"

sophie03.jpg

Yeah my nephew was to have his Terp graduation ceremonies today and tomorrow. My sister and mother were supposed to depart this a.m. That's not happening, obviously. Now sister has a contingency plan to leave tomorrow and leave mom behind in Georgia. I'm thinking that may also be unlikely.

Unlike the last snow here where the municipalities were caught completely unprepared, they saw this one coming and really geared up fast for it. For snowing two feet I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised to see snow plows running up and down the roads all day, removing snow and dropping sand.

I'm looking out at about 5 inches or so and it's still coming down, various weather reports for my area are calling for anywhere from 6 to 18 inches depending who you listen to.

We woke at 6 this morning to find the newspaper delivery van stuck in our front lawn and 8 inches of snow on the driveway. Fired-up the snowblower and went to town. Did it again at 11am to clear another 4 inches and it's still falling. Driver of the van came back with a tow truck and was on his way leaving a serious rut in my yard. He said they would fix it; I'm trusting they will. Still snowing. Reminds me of a big storm that hit DC in February about 5 years ago. Started snowing on Friday and didn't stop until Sunday dropping 21 inches. You can keep the snow.
Merry Christmas!
Mark

Went out again at 4pm to remove another 6 inches before the sun went down. Snowfall stopped about 6pm here. Total unofficial accumulation on Saturday at my spot in Fairfax Va is between 18 and 20 inches. I hope it is over.

This AM, about 1:30 on the East River, 12" and still coming down hard

745271962_bXLa6-L.jpg

About 15"...

... here in SE Connecticut and suppossed to be tapering off now. very light at this point so I will be firing up the snow blower and heading out soon. Biggest storm in these parts in probably 10 years.

Fun is.:dance

Back