• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Should I be paying for a brake bleed six weeks after buying a new BMW?

I agree with Anton. I would call and talk directly to the owner since a subordinate did not provide me satisfaction. It is unlikely that BMW corporate has contacted the owner. As a matter of policy they almost never intervene is service decisions and disputes. The dealerships are after all separate businesses from the mothership. It is also unlikely that the service writer who handles dozens of services and repairs has talked to the owner since he/she seems satisfied with the decision.

While it is possible that the owner has been made aware of this thread, that is certainly not a foregone conclusion. So to me a phone call seems like a reasonable thing to do.

It was Customer Appreciation Day at Bob's BMW today, so I was hesitant to go there and spoil anyone's day with this, but I did stop by. While I was there I spoke to my salesman and then the GM about what happened. When the GM spoke to the service writer as soon as the GM said my name to the service writer he remembered our interaction and immediately said to the GM that he didn't handle it well. The GM apologized to me for what happened and refunded my money.

It was Customer Appreciation Day at Bob's BMW today, so I was hesitant to go there and spoil anyone's day with this, but I did stop by. While I was there I spoke to my salesman and then the GM about what happened. When the GM spoke to the service writer as soon as the GM said my name to the service writer he remembered our interaction and immediately said to the GM that he didn't handle it well. The GM apologized to me for what happened and refunded my money.

Wonderful :clap
As it should be on a new bike.
OM

OUTSTANDING!!!!! :clap:clap:clap

Outstanding for you, and the dealership. You did the right thing, and the right happened to you.

And congratulations to Bob, and Bob's.

I love it when stories have a good ending.

E.

AHH a Kiss and Make up
What no lawsuit?
This is America.
I would have hired a billboard Lawyer.
Any way glad you got it resolved.
Nick

Perfect ending...congrats. Kudos to the service writer as well, who recognized and admitted he was not having a very good day. Haven't we all been there at some point?

I just wanted to thank everyone who was supportive, provided insight, or contributed constructive criticism to help me work through this issue.

I remain exceptionally dissatisfied with BMW Customer Relations, who I believe managed nothing other than to increase my concerns and unhappiness by dragging their feet for something as simple as merely discussing my case with me, apparently not engaging the dealership at all, and then taking a position that did nothing but give the appearance they weren't interested in protecting their brand's customers. It was ten days from the opening of the case until the agent assigned to the case spoke with me, and then they were singularly unhelpful.

I was pleased and reassured with how the dealership staff treated me when we spoke in person this afternoon.

Back