• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shop recommendations in Raleigh NC area

zigzag

Was wondering if anyone could recommend any BMW or independent shops in the Raleigh NC area.Will be moving to that area later this year and looking for a good shop to do business with.

Garcia Moto - BMW, Ducati, and KTM dealer in Raleigh.

I have no real good or bad recommendation for them. I bought my K1300GT from them and the process when fine. I have not had any service work done there, but they do seem to be active on forums and Facebook. They also seem to have fairly good rating online.

Shops

Sorry, guess I should have given a little more detail. 2015 1200 gs adv . Should mention have stopped by Garcia Moto. Seems to be a very good shop.I generally take my bikes in for services and what ever might be needed.Have dealt with Gateway BMW in St Louis for many years.It's the kind of shop that everyone knows you and it's nice to stop in and just have coffee once in a while and visit.Hoping to find that in a shop when I retire this fall.

Thumbs up to Garcia BMW. Jon (service manager) is the most knowledgeable mechanic I've ever met. He rides an F800 and is constantly rebuilding 650s and put a lot of miles on an 1150. I think he was also a Honda master mechanic years ago.

The layout doesn't make it as friendly as Gateway (I was at Scott AFB for two years) and it's hard to match a place where the whole shop (Gateway - Shannon, Jeff, Honz, etc, etc) all ride off-road and ride hard, but if you're going to retire in Raleigh, that will be the place to go. Nothing bad to say about Greensboro, Jason (owner) and many of the others ride so it's a great place to hang out and talk motorcycles and they organize several rides throughout the year (Alaska, Iron Butt, the Canadian Maritimes, etc). I go to both as well as Charlotte sometimes, but because of travel time from Fort Bragg, I'm at Raleigh most of the time. Bombar's Beemers is the place to go if you've got an airhead and he has some cool events once or twice a year, but I take my later bikes to Raleigh.

Shops

Thanks all for the info,pretty much tells me I'll have no problem getting things taken care of. Very much looking forward to living in our new home.So far everyone we have met in the Apex/Cary area have been very nice and welcoming.

Dealer in Raleigh

+1 on Garcia Moto in Raleigh. Jon and his technicians will take great care of your bike. They are good people here.

The Greensboro dealership is also good, although as mentioned, a little further away from Raleigh.

I have purchased bikes and had service done at both and would recommend them.

Back