• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Service Code 05-18

Does anyone know what the code "05-18 service" means? It shows up on startup in the instrument display. I ran my GS-911 diagnostics and there was only a low voltage fault which I cleared. Then after this the 05-18 service is still present.

I think it means your next service is due 05-18 ie. May 2018. The service due can be a function of mileage or the calendar.

And you can change it with your GS-911.

That's what I thought too but I couldn't find anything using the GS-911 that indicated a service notification or a fault code.

I thought the GS-911 would report the next service date/mileage? Can't check with mine as my '06 does not have that feature. Perhaps you could use the GS-911 to change the date and see if the display changes?

Back