• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Indicator Warning Light (yellow, triangle !) 2016 R1200RT

w_quinn@msn.com

I just completed a 12K service on my 2016 R1200RT with 36,000 miles. I reset the service interval and checked for faults with a GS-911 Diagnostic tool. During the reset process everything functioned correctly.
When I started the engine the Indicator Warning Light came on along with the Front Light Failure symbol appearing on the display. All lights are functioning correctly and the GS-911 is not showing any faults. Hence, there is no code to clear on the GS-911.
I replaced a burned out low beam about six months ago. Everything has been normal until now.
Has anyone else experienced a false bulb failure that kicked on the Indicator Warning/Front Light Failure?
If so, how should I go about clearing the warning light and symbol?

Go for a nice short ride in a safe area or connect a trickle charger. Doing service tasks with the GS-911 requires ignition to be on for quite some time, and the battery can get pulled down a bit—especially if it’s not fresh. That can cause some issues with the electronics at startup. If the light persists, then it’s time to check lighting and bulbs.

Best,
DeVern

Probably referring to the small bulb inside the headlight housing on a lot of the bikes. Frequently a 194 bulb.
OM

Yes, it's easy to not notice it on some bikes.
Looks like the 2016 has two of them. #7 in the picture.

parking lights.jpg

Go for a nice short ride in a safe area or connect a trickle charger. Doing service tasks with the GS-911 requires ignition to be on for quite some time, and the battery can get pulled down a bit—especially if it’s not fresh. That can cause some issues with the electronics at startup. If the light persists, then it’s time to check lighting and bulbs.

Best,
DeVern
Thanks for the response.
I did have a BMW Canbus charger connected while running the GS-911, but apparently the charger wasn't sufficient to keep the voltage up with the ignition in the "ON" position.
I let the Canbus charger do its thing for a couple of days. Unfortunately, the weather here in the CO mountains preclude going out for a ride.
I fired the bike up today and everything is golden!

Back