• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena 50R issues

isaacnida

I got a sena 50R intercom system and it seems like it has a mind of its own. One minute it works properly and then it doesn't. Yesterday while riding it was playing the radio and I was able to talk to the other rider and the radio still was in the back ground, then it cut out and then the radio could barely be heard. The intercom was normal. Is there something I did wrong...HELP new to the intercom system.

I got a sena 50R intercom system and it seems like it has a mind of its own. One minute it works properly and then it doesn't. Yesterday while riding it was playing the radio and I was able to talk to the other rider and the radio still was in the back ground, then it cut out and then the radio could barely be heard. The intercom was normal. Is there something I did wrong...HELP new to the intercom system.

Sounds like you have the settings set to turn down the music instead of leave it at full volume. Its a setting in the app. I also stopped using the auto updating charging cords, the updates messed up both our units and had to delete pairings and restart. Dont see any need to update automatically if done manually its easy to delete pairings and repair every 6 months or so.

Sounds like you have the settings set to turn down the music instead of leave it at full volume. Its a setting in the app. I also stopped using the auto updating charging cords, the updates messed up both our units and had to delete pairings and restart. Dont see any need to update automatically if done manually its easy to delete pairings and repair every 6 months or so.

Second this a most likely cause. However, Sena has recently released a new firmware version. Latest is 1.2.2. (Site says 2.0, but it's not in the Sena Desktop Manager). Some of the bugs fixed by this update covers some of the issues you're reporting Make sure you have the latest version of the Desktop Manager, too. Use the desktop manager, I've had very poor results with the WiFi dongle & updates. You can do all your setting with Sena Desktop Manager or the phone app.

Good luck!

Second this a most likely cause. However, Sena has recently released a new firmware version. Latest is 1.2.2. (Site says 2.0, but it's not in the Sena Desktop Manager). Some of the bugs fixed by this update covers some of the issues you're reporting Make sure you have the latest version of the Desktop Manager, too. Use the desktop manager, I've had very poor results with the WiFi dongle & updates. You can do all your setting with Sena Desktop Manager or the phone app.

Good luck!

I believe there are two different software updates depending on which chip the unit has. As I understand it they had trouble sourcing chips and used a different one which lead to having two software's out there. They were supposed to catch up at some point so all the units would use the same but I wasn't paying close enough attention to remember what number it was to be.

Update

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. I think my Buddy and me have figured out what was going on with the Sena's. We disabled the bluetooth for the phone to the Sena. We let the phone connect to the bike and Sena to connect to the bike, but did not let the phone and Sena connect. We think the Sena did not know which one to give priority too. We did a ride and was able to hear the both the radio and intercom at the same time. It also seem like the system as a whole connected faster and easier to each other. I was also able to do a complete update on the firmware.

Back