• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seats

The problem with the stock F650/800 seat is the riders portion of the seat slopes down in front. Beads or fuzzy sheep wont cure that. Its just a typical crap BMW seat design.

The best replacement depends on the persons size and riding style. No clear cut answer, sorry. I have a sargent and love it, but any seat that gets rid of the forward slope is going to be a huge improvement over stock.

My wife swears by her Corbin.

BMW Comfort SEAT is the only way to go. I have one on my R1200RT and also my F650GS. With these seats my butt is the last thing I think of all day long. I am 5'10" 229#s. They are made specifically for our bikes by BMW.

Jack

Why not try cheap solutions first?

I've done that on other bikes, beads and air, but was never satisfied. Ok maybe that was the bikes fault and not just the seat.

I'm 6'1" tall and 225 lbs. What I'd like is a seat that I won't even think about after a six or seven hour ride. The best seat I ever had was on a RD350 Yamaha, I suppose it was because I was 23, the seat was flat, and so was my stomach. Too much of this stuff has passed :drink

Renazco

I put a custom Renazo on my F800GS. I was tempted by the BMW comfort seat, but the Renazco is much better suited for off-road riding because you are not locked into the bucket seat. It is still much more comfortable than stock. My rear only goes numb after 3-4 hours. It looks sharp.

Attachments

• P1000141.jpg
    P1000141.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 137
andreb....love that bike!

I ordered a Rick Mayer seat for my F800GS. It has not been shipped back to me yet. They missed the estimated window of manufacture by a week or so. I hope it is worth the wait.

Cheers,

andreb....love that bike!

I ordered a Rick Mayer seat for my F800GS.

Cheers,

I just talked to a guy who had a Mayer on his Duke. He loved it, so did I for the two minutes I got to sit on it. He wanted his bike back. Could you post some pictures when you get it?

IMG_0957.jpg

Back