• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

SEAT!!!! 2015 RT with plank for a seat...

How easy or difficult was the lock to change over?

Totally forgot that the switch/lock was integrated into the pillion seat when I received it.

The change over turned out to be pretty trivial and straight forward though.

Totally forgot that the switch/lock was integrated into the pillion seat when I received it.

The change over turned out to be pretty trivial and straight forward though.

Thanks for the response. I should receive mine in a week or so and am really looking forward to it.

Pete
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I received my Sargent seat yesterday and installed it. Straight forward installation. Haven't ridden it yet but you can feel the extra support on your butt!!

Al

Captain - just go to the Billings and have the seat vendors make your seat while you wait. They will all be there displaying their wares and furiously making seats. That way you can spend quality time with them and walk/drive away with a seat that fits!!

So whats the verdict on the Sargent seat?

I like it! I still need to take it out on a "big" trip though, but don't have any reservations. I have been on a few day rides and believe it has a good balance of firmness.

With the standard height seat in the low position I am on my toes when centered on the bike. When at a stop I'll mostly favor a side. So for me @ 5' - 8" with a 30" inseam, I find it very manageable. If I need to duck walk the bike back, I'll hop off and push it.

Good to hear! I bet it looks a lot better than the stock as well.
I am still waiting on mine for another week...

Maybe I'm just a hardass (wife and kids may agree) but I rode 1000 miles in three days with no adverse problems with stock windshield and seat. Just wore bicycle shorts under my motorcycle pants. I think you all should consider the $35 option.

Maybe I'm just a hardass (wife and kids may agree) but I rode 1000 miles in three days with no adverse problems with stock windshield and seat. Just wore bicycle shorts under my motorcycle pants. I think you all should consider the $35 option.

Absolutely understand that. I do believe these things can be very subjective and vary from individual to individual though. YMMV :)

Different shorts aren't going to change the pressure points I feel with the stock seat which is why I am waiting for my Sargent.

Pete

My Sargent seat arrived yesterday and after doing the necessary part move a short ride says this is a better seat for me. Tomorrow a longer ride in NC heat will be a better indicator for the long runs.

Pete

Finally got mine today in Costa Rica! It went a long way before getting here.
Just went for a ride around the block but it definitely looks and feels a lot better.. comparing it to the low seat I had. What I have noticed now is that with the height difference it looks that the wind protection is not as good as before. Being 6´3" I might be needing a new windshield...
Overall, happy with the look and the feel!

Got about 1,000 miles on my Sargeant seat now and it seems like a keeper. Not soft and cushy, but conforms to my butt and supports it better than stock. Breaking in nicely so far. The nose seems a little wider than stock so I'm mostly on the balls of my feet at stops (29" inseam, seat in high position). It doesn't lock me in position: I can move around a little. As with every other seat I've had, curvy roads that keep my attention on what I'm doing cause me to forget the seat; boring slab rides are when I have time to start thinking about (dis)comfort.

Captainmarko

I only have 300 miles on my new RT, haven't done a long ride yet on it, that's the usual telling point
With both my 1200gs and 1600gt, one 400 mile day convinced me something wasn't right.
I both cases Rocky and crew from BMS, fixed the problem, the 1200 seat was shipped to him, while I did a ride in on 1600👍👍👍👍
If RT seat follows like most seats will be scheduling another ride in
If anyone is considering a ride in to rockys shop(Ventura)
Go up the afternoon before, couple of reasonable priced hotels about a mile from his shop.
These are located in the historic district, lots to do
Plan on 3 hours to rebuild seat, my 1600 was a 100% improvement over stock!!!

Captainmarko

I only have 300 miles on my new RT, haven't done a long ride yet on it, that's the usual telling point
With both my 1200gs and 1600gt, one 400 mile day convinced me something wasn't right.
I both cases Rocky and crew from BMS, fixed the problem, the 1200 seat was shipped to him, while I did a ride in on 1600👍👍👍👍
If RT seat follows like most seats will be scheduling another ride in
If anyone is considering a ride in to rockys shop(Ventura)
Go up the afternoon before, couple of reasonable priced hotels about a mile from his shop.
These are located in the historic district, lots to do
Plan on 3 hours to rebuild seat, my 1600 was a 100% improvement over stock!!!

t6pilot-

Thanks. That's just the kind if input I was looking for. I'm planning on doing just that.

Got about 1,000 miles on my Sargeant seat now and it seems like a keeper. Not soft and cushy, but conforms to my butt and supports it better than stock. Breaking in nicely so far. The nose seems a little wider than stock so I'm mostly on the balls of my feet at stops (29" inseam, seat in high position). It doesn't lock me in position: I can move around a little. As with every other seat I've had, curvy roads that keep my attention on what I'm doing cause me to forget the seat; boring slab rides are when I have time to start thinking about (dis)comfort.

After 1,000 miles, has the seat felt like it broke in, in respect to the seat feeling a little softer?

Back