• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S/N Mystery on 1995 R100RTC

B

BILLBIZ47

I have a 1995 R100RTC. This was the last year of the Airheads to be shipped in to the US. My understanding is that the C on the end of the model number denotes "Classic" and was reserved for the last run of the Airheads, that numbered some 300 and included a specific option package, including the distinctive 2 tone gray paint scheme.

I was wondering how close to the final airhead produced my specfic bike was and contacted Oak. Oak informed that the serial numbers shipped into the US in 1995 were from WB1046907S6294198 through S6294534. My bike being S6294665 is 131 numbers past the last bike in this series and it is a mystery as to why. Oak speculated that perhaps it came down from Canada, or perhaps, BMW being like most companies, recived an order for the bike after the allotment and decided to supply it.

My questions are:
- Can anyone shed anny light on this mystery?
- Does anyone have a contact within MOA or BMW that could help trace the lineage of my bike?

Incidently, I have learned through this investigation that there were R100RT's bikes supplied in Europe in 1996. Oak speculates that these were produced in 1995, but supplied in 1996. I would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

This is the only place that I've seen VINs on-line to check:

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/enginechassis.htm

However, there are definitely holes, mistypes, and missing elements to this.

You should drop an email to Andreas Harz at BMW Group Classic. He can provide whatever information regarding your bike that they might have on file.

Andreas dot Harz at partner dot bmwgroup dot com

Ian Falloon "The BMW Boxer Twins Bible" says that the final run of US R100RT was 6294249 - 6294455, 9/94 - 2/95. If I put your s/n in RealOEM.com they come back with this is a R100RT USA built 11/95, even though Ian and Oak don't know about it.
So, for fun I started increment up the s/n in RealOEM.com by 10 to see what was the very last one that was in their database. It says that 6294685 was built in 12/95. It doesn't recognize 6294686.
According to that information, if it is accurate, you have the 20th from the last built RT for USA.

Thanks for the time and info guys! It is good and fun for me to know. Ride safe.

I have ...6294609 which makes it the 56th last Classic made for the USA!How bout that huh?

Last edited:
Back