• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The elusive R100CJ (R100 Classic for Japan)

I received some input from Tom Cutter. He says they were essentially the same as the R100 Classic sold in the US. They were the same as the early '85/86 R80s with the 1000cc engine and no fairing. He's not sure, but it's possible there was an over production situation and they were marketed in Japan.

Hi there...apologies, I must have missed your original post/reply. Thanks for the information (from Tom Cutter as well). I'm going to create a new post about these Japanese R100s. They were actually marketed in Japan as the R100 Trad, and they were in fact originally destined for the Egyptian Police, but they cancelled their order, BMW did some re-configuration, and they ended up shipping around 200 of these bikes to Japan during 1990/91. Watch out for that post and I'll included references and some photos.

You indicate you are going to create a new post. Do you mean a new thread besides this one? My suggestion would be to continue these discussions about this unique Airhead within this same thread...that way someone will find all information in one spot in the future.

Is anybody else starting to sense of familiarity to the old debunked "Belgian Police R 100RS Special Edition" story? :dunno

Friedle

Is anybody else starting to sense of familiarity to the old debunked "Belgian Police R 100RS Special Edition" story? :dunno

Friedle

Belgian, Egyptian, Ethiopian, one of those countries that end in "ian" for sure. I know it must be true, I heard it sitting around a campfire at a rally and on the internet too. Heinrich himself told me that a few years ago for sure.:scratch

Last edited:
I'll try to find the packet and post a pic. Back when I saw those , I didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I was checking out the loaded KLT, KRS, GSPD, GS. I didn't give the 'Classic' so much as a second looked. I do remember that it was pretty reasonably priced. Thing was when you paid extra to get a windshield, heated grips, crash bars, bags and racks and all those other extra's, the bike was as or more expensive than those top of the line models.

Hey Barry, did you manage to find those old brochures/photos of the R100 Classic from 1991/92?

Still looking, I've got endless boxes full of BMW, motorcycles, car mags, brochures, articles. This stuff is 30/40 years of madcap hoarding collection/accumilations. :hungover:dunno:scratch. I'll keep looking.

Still looking, I've got endless boxes full of BMW, motorcycles, car mags, brochures, articles. This stuff is 30/40 years of madcap hoarding collection/accumilations. :hungover:dunno:scratch. I'll keep looking.

Please keep looking "barryg", but in the meantime, take a look at these.R100a.jpegr100b.jpegR100c.jpegR100d.jpegR100e.jpegR100f.jpeg

Back