• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200R (K27) Fuel Strip Zapper Shortcut Tutorial

cobaltc4s

I've searched through many forums and have never found this Fuel Strip Zapper Shortcut for the naked K27 R1200R. Most repair references are for GS and RT models. The 'Roadster' models have an easy to access connector, so there is no need to remove the tank. Direct access to the fuel strip is located within a plug connector on the frame below the seat. There are seven pins inside this plug.

location.jpg location2.jpg Plug1.jpg

Using a full tank of fuel with the cap closed. Attach two wires from any grill igniter or butane 'click' lighter to the following pin locations. Click device ten times for each set of two connections.

Plug-Spades1.jpg
Location for the first connection.

Plug-Spades2.jpg
Location for the second connection.

diagrm2.jpg
diagrm1.jpg

It will usually require riding for a mile or more in order to work properly. I had to reset the Odometer a few times and now it functions perfectly. I have had SIX replacement fuel strips on my 2013 bike with 14K miles. This requires a full day trip to the dealer and includes getting a ride to drop off and a return ride to pick up. This is a simple alternative fix that is easily accessible.

Great job. Please update this post over time to track how long this fix works for you. That is something else that is lacking when you research this fix. Certainly easier to get to than my 07RT!

Back