• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1200 oil filters

Cranker

Is there a good quality oil filter available for the R1200 wetheads? I can only find K&N. Is it reliable?

Is there a good quality oil filter available for the R1200 wetheads? I can only find K&N. Is it reliable?

Yes there are good filters available. I don't think K&N is one of them however. See Beemer Boneyard.

Last edited:

I purchased my last oil filter from Amazon- MAX BMW’s store. They knew that it’s good to replace the crush washer on the drain plug and the filter came with one taped to the filter.
I will add a bit to the title so the thread will have some Mo’ Better search ability.
Good luck.
OM

Yes there is

I have purchased both factory filters from Max BMW online and original manufacturer for BMW from Beemer Boneyard. Boneyard sells it as a kit at a very decent price.

BeemerBoneYard sells the Mahle oil filter for the water cooled boxers.

The Mahle filter is the same as the OEM filter.
Most of the time I buy my filters from Beemerboneyard and my dealer, Engle Motors.
Sometimes when I need something to get me over $25 I buy a Mahle filter from Amazon.

That's a great deal for Prime members

I'm not a Prime member and I see the $8.22 price.
I do have to spend over $25 to get free shipping. I usually have small items in my wish list to bump the purchase over $25.

Back