• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1100RS--won't hold idle

mgordon

Bike recently died. Replaced: Hall Sensor, Motronic, Spark Plugs. Reset TPS. Checked ignition timing. Checked for fuel delivery; Checked for spark. Bike will only start with throttle wide open. Any suggestions? Battery is weak, though it will fire with a lot of coaxing, but runs like crap.

This may sound simplistic, but have you checked that your throttle cables are tracking in their pullys correctly?

John

thanks, yes have checked. Will triple check again, but throttle is returning correctly everywhere i can see.

I'm thinking it could be an O2/Lamda sensor issue. Where the vacuum line connects to a sensor on the left side of the bike. There is one sensor plugged in, and another hanging unconnected. The connected one (O2) was not hooked up when i got the bike, and it runs to the muffler. What's the other one? I'm going to do a code readout.

Back