• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R100RS saddle heights

SEPPVONBAYERN

can anyone tell me what the standard R100RS saddle heights is? I am looking at the bike for my wife but she only has a 29" inseam. Also, is anyone out there that has experience lowering that bike? Appreciate any input I can get.
Sepp

And of course you can get custom seats made for any bike. For the dual shock bikes with the cowl, there was a BMW Authorized cut down seat available from the dealers. I have one on my 81 RT. It lowers the seat by about 1.5 inches.
All the seats for the twin shock RS are the same as for all other BMWs with the cowling, such as the R80 and R100.

can anyone tell me what the standard R100RS saddle heights is? I am looking at the bike for my wife but she only has a 29" inseam. Also, is anyone out there that has experience lowering that bike? Appreciate any input I can get.
Sepp

If your wife has the upper body strength to manage an RS at any saddle height, well ... saddle height shouldn't matter much.

saddle height

...saddle height shouldn't matter much... lkchris

When I moved from my airhead RS to an oiler RS, I was amazed at how little bar leverage you have with the earlier bike.

Rinty

Last edited:
my wife is 5'2" she ride a 80-81 fully dressed r100t, seat foam has been lowered. rear shocks are around an inch shorter than stock, makes sure her riding boots have heals. I don't even try to stay close to her in the tight twistys, I made a ultra low seat for my rs just so I could keep more of 6'2" frame in the clean air pocket.

I think the dual Corbin seats for the RS are both lower than stock. At least my dual tourer feels that way. My inseam is 30" and I do not stand flatfooted with my RS.

Has your wife ridden yours? I would think the bigger issue might be the reach to the bars. I just put a rather large adaptor on mine that places the original RS bar barely above the fork damper adjustment shaft. It is only about a thousand times better ... ;)

she would have problems with the reach to the bars and my shocks are stock height. one of the best way to mod the seat is narrowing and angling the section were your legs drop over the seat, corbins come this way, I have one of the first r100 canyon duals made, remember the days when mike brought seats to a rally in the back of a van, he would mount a seat on your bike , let you go for a long ride and then decide if you wanted to pay for it of take it off.

Back