• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R100rs handlebar mods

Kehas123

Seasons Greetings Folks!

I'm looking for suggestions to raise the bars on an RS. Arthritis in the hands has me looking for relief from the strain.

Regards,
George

Seasons Greetings Folks!

I'm looking for suggestions to raise the bars on an RS. Arthritis in the hands has me looking for relief from the strain.

Regards,
George

How much higher do you want them? For a moderate elevation while still keeping some of the RS-style lean over riding position, I would look at bars from a K75C.

There's a couple of related threads in the Similar Threads pane at the bottom of the page.

Seaons Greetings as well

Seasons Greetings as well. One of the most common fixes is K75 bars. There are also bar back kits available. The biggest issue is not going too far as the switch gear wiring is on the short side. St.

Not the easiest fix, but strengthening core muscles will enable one to take weight off ones hands and arms.

It's what the racers do.:hide

And I've been riding an RS for 20 years

Not the easiest fix, but strengthening core muscles will enable one to take weight off ones hands and arms.

It's what the racers do.:hide

And I've been riding an RS for 20 years

Glad you were the one to go there! :hide

I'm the wrong person to ask about RS comfort as I spent entirely too much time in my relative youth racing bicycles. But every spring I'd get off my winter bike and onto my race bike and I'd have to do some ab work to make that transition. RS is similar. A strong core will take weight off your wrists. As will riding it just a bit faster.......

I could never deal with the "RS" riding position for more than about 100 miles and it had nothing to do with flabby abs. Leaned forward required that I raise my head to level to the horizon which led to neck stingers. So I only rode Voni's S or RS bikes for short trips - but one from Kansas to Texas almost did my neck in.

I believe in make the bike fit you, not try to remake your body to fit the bike. YMMV.

Back in the day,:gerg the late 90’s I rode a ‘74 R90/6, ‘87 K100RT, ‘94 R1100RS. Stock bars on the /6 and RT. Bar backs on the RS. Rode all three on long trips all over the country, no problem. Still have all three. Haven’t been riding any of them on long trips as of late. I guess I still could. :dunno

Back