• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R 1250RT Communication System.

bmwgtl1600e

I have the above bike and am having numerous challenges with the communication system. Telephone works well, navigation prompts work well, but the FM radio and Sirius radio is not clear at the best of times. It will even go dead every once in a while. Getting this system working has been a real challenge for me and the dealership seems unable to help me. Any suggestions! NB RIDER.

The RT audio system has been the bane of many a rider. But, it is 2019, and FM and Sirius is so 2010! ;)

I just put a couple thousand MP3s into my Nav 5 and cell phone and stream music that I like without any interruption. YMMV.

I do think the quality of reception varies with your location and the quality of your antenna (including the ground plane). Too bad your dealer is shooting blanks on this one.

I have the above bike and am having numerous challenges with the communication system. Telephone works well, navigation prompts work well, but the FM radio and Sirius radio is not clear at the best of times. It will even go dead every once in a while. Getting this system working has been a real challenge for me and the dealership seems unable to help me. Any suggestions! NB RIDER.

Here is good and honest suggestion. As a new owner/member of a "Wethead RT", you might find more information and opinions about it in the following sub-forum: https://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdisplay.php?103-Wetheads Bookmark it and go there about specific questions with this model. You'll be glad you did.

You're beyond help until you tell us which helmet bluetooth device you have.

In any event, the full features are unlikely to occur unless you have the BMW Communicator attached to your helmet.

Back