• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Question re F650GS Comfort for Taller Rider

KPMCD

I'm looking to get back on a bike after a five year absence. I test rode a F650GS recently and thought it was great. I'm 6'3" and 190lbs. I keep reading where this bike is great for shorter riders. I really didn't feel cramped on the bike at all. Any taller riders out there with any thoughts on the F650GS comfort level? Thank you.
Kevin

I think they say that because the F800GS is NOT good for shorter riders,
not that the F650GS-twin is BAD for taller riders with in reason ... :thumb

I'm 6' 1" and am good with the F650GS twin, the mods I've made that might be related to height are:

* took rubber things out of the footpegs which gives about an 1" more of leg room and I didn't like the rubber anyway
* installed 20mm risers on the handle bars (some folks use the Rox risers)
* Had a Sargent seat made because I found the stock seat very uncomfortable for long rides - when bought it I asked them to add an extra inch of foam ... but I'm not sure I can tell that they really did it ;-)

I'm 6'-0" and did the about the same mos as Jimbob. My risers are Touretech, the Seargent seat is their enduro seat, which is supposed to be 1/2" taller (and it is sure more comfortable). I also added a taller screen (Calsci).

Back