• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Definitely on FR25, saw this window and reversed course for a moment.

Yup, with an S once the panels are off it's best to do everything under there. DAMHIK! My last Oddysey battery only lasted 8 years. After reading a thread on here I upgraded my charger to a CTEK, I'll report back in 8 years with a product review. 😎

That bodywork is a pain, but ever so much easier than the ol' R1100RT. On those things ya gotta take all the plastic off just to synch the throttle bodies. But not for the air filter!

That bodywork is a pain, but ever so much easier than the ol' R1100RT. On those things ya gotta take all the plastic off just to synch the throttle bodies. But not for the air filter!

Makes me glad I never had an 11RT!

The "hidden" fasteners on the S are a real PITA. Though after removing the panels a few times I did get the hang of it. LOL

But my first sport tour bike was much easier to work on. 1980 had a Suzuki GS850G with a full Pacifico Aero fairing and Krauser 40L bags. If it took longer than 15 minutes to remove the bags, saddle, tank, side panels, and fairing it was because I stopped to have a cup of coffee. 😎

Oh, and one screw to deal with to change the air filter.

And now the obligatory picture for this thread....

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 333
P1090117.jpg

P1010049.jpg

6-20-2009 039.jpg

The S recently had all it's panels off for a new battery as well and service, those two behind the Roundel screws are always a treat...H's two R's have none of that stuff to deal with:thumb

Had the same pic of the backside of Mt St H's on FR25, seems to be same spot ...but it's on a Hexhead:dunno

Love these bikes:dance

Maybe a slightly different audience over here, so I'll gratuitously repost a couple of images from today's ride. Two oilheads (and their bikes) out for a midwinter's romp in the sunny but cool (high of 40) Pacific Northwest. Dodging frost in the shady areas most of the day . . . . Rockster and the S-bike play well together.

Stopped at North Beach in Port Townsend; SeabeckS will recognize the spot. Whidbey Island and Mt. Baker in the background.

North Beach.jpg

Then over to Marrowstone Island. Looking west toward the Olympic Mountains from Nordland harbor/Mystery Bay State Park. I reckon he'll recognize this spot too!

Nordlund Harbor.jpg

Sigh . . . I love living here . . . :wave

I do recognize those spots! I also love living in the Great Pacific Northwet!

After living in NW Nevada for most of my life, we moved up here in '85 seeking greener pastures. For about five years I had a sort of southern lean to my stance. Then...I adapted. Only way I'm leaving here will be in a pine box....hopefully not any time soon!

Thanks for the photos!

:dance

OK, so why should the guys on Kbikes and airheads have all the fun?

I'll start. The RS.

1838803-L.jpg

51a7059206e2a877f6aa5e6be9cab184.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic of my newly acquired (as in about six hours ago... :D) 99 R1100RT w/78K miles.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 210
Also sweet! A little mud; I love it. Though I'm thinking those ain't mud tires . . . DAMHIK . . . :rofl

The light of day for the"S"

It took close to a year but I was finally able to bring #68 BCR outside and into the light of day. I had a few unexpected delays and slight mishaps I got it off the lift and ready to ride. I got the bike with the pro-mo kit minus the scale model. My Brother lives in Germany and managed to track down two scale models in the original boxes for me.

Speigler brake lines, CL brake pads, some elbow grease and a big help from Robert Foster at Laser exhaust got me where it is now. With his help I obtained a Laser "Sport" exhaust which is the racing exhaust and proper chip. I didn't stop there and added a SJ BMW Power filter and a Lennies "induct" large carbon fiber intake.

All I need now is the smoke tinted windshield and the bike will be just like my #172 BCR that I sold years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 157
The plumbing is a work of art

It comes in such a small box and has a bunch of pipes, springs, bolts and is a little sparse on instructions but the end result is well worth the effort to install.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 159
Wow, that looks nice. Gorgeous S BCR.

Once again, the S bikes are well represented amongst the faithful! :thumb

Another step in my 4 year (and counting) plan for world domination. :laugh

Cult

noun
noun: cult; plural noun: cults

1) a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. "the cult of St. Olaf"

2) a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister. "a network of Satan-worshiping cults"
synonyms: sect, denomination, group, movement, church, persuasion, body, faction "a religious cult"

3) a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing. "a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"
synonyms: obsession with, fixation on, mania for, passion for, idolization of, devotion to, worship of, veneration of
"the cult of eternal youth in Hollywood"

Cult

noun

1) a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. "the cult of St. Olaf"

2) a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister. "a network of Satan-worshiping cults"
synonyms: sect, denomination, group, movement, church, persuasion, body, faction "a religious cult"

3) a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing. "a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"
synonyms: obsession with, fixation on, mania for, passion for, idolization of, devotion to, worship of, veneration of

Guilty! All hail the Mighty S! :dance

Cult

noun

Resistance is futile.

Back