• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a Photo of your K-bike

That is probably the most beautiful K75S I've ever seen. You just can't beat black for starters, and then adding the smoked windshield. The rest of the bike is already a sculpture. Yeah, it's a keeper for sure. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Thank you! After I got it rideable and realized how much fun it was I debated doing more cosmetic restoration but I enjoy riding it too much. I missed the boat back in the day, the Marikessh Red with black wheels always appealed to me but I was a younger man and not out of Japanese sport bikes yet. I get it now, lol

Last edited:
Thank you! After I got it rideable and realized how much fun it was I debated doing more of a cosmetic restoration but I enjoy riding it too much. I missed the boat back in the day, the Marikessh Red with black wheels always appealed to me but I was a younger man and not out of Japanese sport bikes yet. I get it now, lol

I have a blue 1992 K75S which I love and people cross parking lots to comment on, but black has always been special to me. Enjoy trying to wear it out. :laugh

Beautiful! That’s pristine! :rocker

Thanks! It's been ridden with about 65+ on the clock, so there are some marks if you get close enough, but for an unrestored original paint bike it's presentable. Besides, when I'm passing someone fast enough they really can't see the defects. :brow

I'm the 4th owner of this 51,000 K1200RS 2003 model, build date October 2002.
I bought it in September 2022 and thought I'd "give it a good cleaning" haha ha!
It was late August of 2023 by the time I was finished "cleaning".
When I took ownership it had (literally) tons of aftermarket parts including seat and windscreen and a full 3 piece luggage set.
Now it has been reverted to factory stock, no accessories, as it would have been when purchased new, using all BMW parts except for a set of NGK ignition wires from Enduralast, a Hyperpro RSC steering damper, Dunlopad front/rear brake pads and all the Teflon/Stainless brake lines it already had installed when I purchased it.
Even the EPM Performance front/rear shocks were built up from a pair of very low milage original BMW Showa shocks that were "take offs" when someone upgraded to Ohlins.
I'm not a long distance rider and this is a very fun and comfortable ride for me.

Nicely done! I have a 2003 K12RS in black bought new. They are amazing bikes and if any motorcycle could turn you into an LD rider, this is the one. Just watch it, because these bikes just are not happy until they are going at least 100mph. Ask me know I know. :brow

I'm the 4th owner of this 51,000 mile 2003 K1200RS (build date October 2002) originally sold new in Kansas City Missouri.

It was heavily "aftermarketed" and I removed and disposed of windscreen, seat, rear rack, rear bag, saddle bags, power points, sidestand foot, bar risers, etc, etc, etc. and returned it to showroom stock condition (the bike lost a lot of weight in this process) with all BMW parts and BMW factory fasteners except for the ignition leads and spark plug caps (NGK from Enduralast) and Phillips High Intensity White headlamp bulbs and a Hyperpro RSC type steering damper and Dunlopad brake pads. I have the original seat in perfect condition and the seat pictured here is a BMW factory seat base with new triple density foam and cover from a custom seat shop.

It's riding on Metzler Roadtecs 01 SE's with the "narrow" 170/60 size rear (this bike has the 5.5" rear wheel that allows fitting a 180 rear tire if desired) and a pair of factory BMW shocks with only 10,000 miles on them that I had EPM re-build.

I did a lot of basic maintenance and heavy cosmetic cleaning along with some powder coating and painting and replacement of rubber parts.
All the various fluids are fresh and everything functions at 100%, no outstanding issues at all.
It's completly "fluid tight" and has never leaked a drop of anything.

IMG_5223.jpgIMG_5224.jpgIMG_5225.jpgIMG_5226.jpgIMG_5227.jpgIMG_5229.jpgIMG_5230.jpgIMG_5233.jpg

Last edited:
Back