• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K-Tail-2

pauls1150

MOA #24991, south of Los Angeles
Does anybody have a couple of pictures, or the brochure or instructions, for the old "K-Tail-2" extra lighting kit that used to be available from Runnin' Lites?

I'm NOT looking for the parts or unit - I just want a couple of pics to show a friend what it was.

Thanks!

Paul S

That's the right product, but the pictures there don't actually show it (I used my "show picture in new tab" function to get the whole thing), and since Runnin'Lights is out of business, the links don't work.
But thank you for trying! :beer

YES! Thank You Lee! :thumb

(Too bad I can't do something like that on my bike - the assembly on my RT mounts up using the "empty" space on both side of the taillight, darn it. But I did buy one for my K100 long ago, and loved it!)

run n lites for K tail light

Still have a set on my '88 K100RSSE...and they still work. Have another set on the R80G/S.. a different design but the same function.

Greg, is that different design from the same manufacturer, or a different source?
I'd like to get some extra stoplight in the unused area to the sides of my taillight (presently with dual-filament bulbs; I'm playing with an idea...)
Thanks,
PaulS

Greg, is that different design from the same manufacturer, or a different source?
I'd like to get some extra stoplight in the unused area to the sides of my taillight (presently with dual-filament bulbs; I'm playing with an idea...)
Thanks,
PaulS

The set on the K is the same as Lee posted..green sockets and the brass clip for the extra bulbs.

The airhead is completely different..replaced the entire light reflector with a twin filament bulb..running and turn signal.

I install the 40 LED tail light insert in almost every airhead that comes into the shop.

The people at Weiser used to make LED brake and turn signal inserts...but not anymore.

Thanks,
PaulS

Another option is Skene lighting. I run their base P3 option on my airhead and my wedge-k bike, but I see they now offer an option that includes turn signaling as well as programmable brake light flashing. https://skenelights.com/rear-visibility-systems.html

Best,
DeVern

I might consider a single red Photon Booster module above my license plate, but I'm not ready to spend $45 + $6.50 for shipping for just a single module... maybe... but for now, I'd like to keep it all "self-contained".
Maybe it's additional 0.2 amps would allow me to put the second 1157 LED back in without bringing up the warning light up front...?
Thanks, guys ... ideas just keep on percolating....!

i never knew there was a product for sale for this purpose. I did this to my K100 taillight, put a bulb on each side of the taillight that was connected to the directional signals. Then I put LED lights on the back of the cases, and wired it all up so the turn signals came on with the brake, but flashed when needed to signal.

Back