• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Photo Assignment 04/13/08

I'll also again join the chorus thanking Tom for his work on these threads. But you know, it's more than his critical eye and comments that make it. At least for me, the other side of the coin is that he is forcing me to think about a shot and then refine it during the shooting process until it begins to work as something more than just a picture of something. Really appreciate his work.

+1. I'm spending as more time considering and composing.

. . . At least for me, the other side of the coin is that he is forcing me to think about a shot and then refine it during the shooting process until it begins to work as something more than just a picture of something. . . .

I'm quite humbled by this efusive chorus of thanks--everyone. It's nice to know that so many of us get something out of this most enjoyable exercise.

While I appreciate your comments (and I do, believe you me), I also believe that each of us benefits immesurablly from observing each others' efforts, watching our successes and when we stumble, as each of us does from time to time. I know that I'm looking at my own work far more critically and that several of my more successful recent shots have been very much shaped by this wonderful phorum.

Here's to my fellow photographers: :drink

I'll drink to that!

Thanks, Tom ; ) I learn more every time I try.

Now, what's the new assignment????

Voni
sMiling

I'm quite humbled by this efusive chorus of thanks--everyone. It's nice to know that so many of us get something out of this most enjoyable exercise.

While I appreciate your comments (and I do, believe you me), I also believe that each of us benefits immesurablly from observing each others' efforts, watching our successes and when we stumble, as each of us does from time to time. I know that I'm looking at my own work far more critically and that several of my more successful recent shots have been very much shaped by this wonderful phorum.

Certainly, Tom. Thank you for taking the time. We all benefit from these exercises Although, it might bite me in the pocket since I am now convinced that I need a D300!

-Alex

Don't let it go to your head dude! Just wait, someone will come along and shoot you down! :stick

RM

(not that I would know anything about that, you understand? Ha Ha!)

No shooting allowed here!!! I read enough of that in the "letters to the editor" in the magazine... the only magazine I get while on the road and that is "enough" as it is in such poor taste!!!
Thanks always for the comments Tom... and glad that my sense of humor saved me!!!
By the way... Beemerchef is my nickname... Ara is me and Spirit is my sweet Pit... he has not mastered digital yet, so...:dunno
You be well... as always... Ara & Spirit

Last edited:
Back