• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Paris Proposal to Ban Motorcycles

I get it

I get the idea a lot of two wheel owners have in regard to Paris. Old cities were not designed for autos. So parking is scarce, streets narrow. The cost of gas is sky high, so yes, it makes sense for some poor guy or girl to get around on a scooter. I would do the same thing if I lived there or in London.

However, just like here in the US, poverty does not negate repairs. If a muffler blows out, it should be replaced hey, the meaning of poor now does not mean a scooter owner in most cases is going to starve if he or she buys a muffler for their ride, no, in modern cities it may just mean they won't have the money to pay for smart phones. In this country, it is smart phones, huge TVs and tattoos.

Riding or driving any kind of street machine making excessive noise is not OKAY. That also goes for the stereos on bikes or in surprisingly some cars. If people want the thrill of hearing unmuffled loud bikes, cars, trucks, feel free to go to a race track or tractor pull. Don't expect me to wave in friendship at you when you ride or drive a noisy vehicle past my house. Be thankful I don't take myself seriously when I tell people "loud pipes cover the shotgun blast" for now I grit my teeth and swear. I will also say, if they ever come up with a bill in the state or county to limit noise with teeth in it, I will be one of the first people to sign the petition.

Rumor has it a noise camera system or systems are being worked on and tried out. I will be the first in my neighborhood to buy one for the local police department. St.

The Fast By Ferracci pipes on the Duc and the Two Brothers full system on the VFR don't venture into town. :D

The Sitos on the airhead do, however, but they don't really clear their throat until about 4 or 5k.

The noisiest car on my street is actually my neighbor's Tesla 3, which makes this obnoxiously loud spaceship sound when they're backing into their driveway.

Back